Heart pumping afternoon but still no wild silver

CRHgiggidy

Greenie
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank I've had my eye on for the past two weeks. It's about the size of the average living room with 3 tellers all working in a crammed space. I went in and did my typical routine, "can I just get a roll of dimes, oh and also, do you have any half dollars?" To my surprise the teller says how many do you want? I say "all of them" and she proceeds to pull out 110 dollars worth of half dollars all hand wrapped and looking very old. My heart immediately started racing to the point where I opened them all in the car in the parking lot. Unfortunately nothing. I still am yet to find one silver coin, kind of discouraging but I guess it will just make it all that much sweeter when I finally do.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been having a rather lousy month so far myself. So far I haven't found any silver halves yet at all this month - just 2 silver Rosie's. All 6 of my half boxes and al the loose & cwr halves I got this week were skunks. I put in a couple of half dollar orders @ 2 different banks today in hopes of maybe having better luck with some new banks. The pickens' can sure be rather hot or cold at times with this hobby.

Good luck with your hunting. If you keep at it you are bound to find silver sooner or later - hopefully sooner. :)

H$H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread