Back from TN. Great results. WINNER IS BDoo.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished my family visit up between Nashville and Chattanooga. Got to do some MDing without much success.

I got one morning to CRH in two small towns with my wife and aunt in law waiting in the car at each stop. They got to go to Big Lots afterwards, so it worked out for everyone.

Total take was about $900. At the last bank I got these rolls, and I was really hoping that those weren't just bank account numbers written on them. ;) They weren't ;D.

When I said I would take all $150 dollars of halves, the tellers proclaimed me their favorite customer. They were so happy to get rid of them, I thought they were going to come out and hung me. Seriously. When I looked at the rolls I did a :o.

Just for the record, I got a total of 8 rolls of BU 1996's and 1991's from other banks so that might change your total take guess.

So, lets have a contest. Try to guess, without going over, how many keepers did I get at this last bank? How many for the whole trip? I'll add the amounts you are off for each, and then declare the closest person the winner.

Winner will be announced August 15th.

No prize, unless you want a 1989 Congress commemorative with massive amounts of toning. This was going to be the prize for KickStart's box from LJ, but that never happened. I'll PM the winner to see if they want their "Prize".

Good Luck.

Attachments

• CoinRolls_TN.jpg
    CoinRolls_TN.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Re: Back from TN. Great results. WINNER IS >>>

Actually, some coin book I read a while back said the congressional commemorative was a sleeper.

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Back from TN. Great results. WINNER IS >>>

tw656 said:
Actually, some coin book I read a while back said the congressional commemorative was a sleeper.

I hope it soars in value for BDoo. Only cost me $0.50 plus a stamp.
If it didn't have the unattractive toning, it might even be worth something ;D. I did enjoy finding it, and now I'm enjoying giving it back to the community.

HH.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I was away for the last four days on vacation but when I got home, the coin/prize was in my mailbox.

Thanks for the cool coin for first place and for having the contest Sheldius!!

I am going to try to clean it up. It appears to have a water stain on it that caused the discoloring??

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread