New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knocked on a couple doors, early 1900's house the lady said ok, I bum rushed the neighbor when she came out also. They both said just the front yard. I found four wheats, my son found six. I kept hopeing for silver, no luck. We then hit a woods spot that I had found some silver not that long ago. I found a wheat and this cuff-link, I'm thinking vintage 40's?
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20141207_155128.jpg 20141207_155228.jpg 20141207_155205.jpg 20141207_155710.jpg

Upvote 5

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the cufflink, Treb. I'm not good dating stuff but would venture a guess that it's 30s or 40s. I wish you guys had found some silvers!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the cufflink, Treb. I'm not good dating stuff but would venture a guess that it's 30s or 40s. I wish you guys had found some silvers!

Me too, maybe tomorrow, we are starting the day with our slug guns, then metal detecting another yard in same neighborhood. I'm in a snipers nest in a holly tree, I have peanut butter jar screwed into a tree (tiny peanut butter trough) When he starts licking that peanut butter, I'm going to turn him inside out. My son is sitting over a corn and molasses pile. I really hope I hear him shoot, that would make my day.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool cuff link. The real gold is hunting with your son, awesome!
Good luck with what ever you seek!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too, maybe tomorrow, we are starting the day with our slug guns, then metal detecting another yard in same neighborhood. I'm in a snipers nest in a holly tree, I have peanut butter jar screwed into a tree (tiny peanut butter trough) When he starts licking that peanut butter, I'm going to turn him inside out. My son is sitting over a corn and molasses pile. I really hope I hear him shoot, that would make my day.

If you guys do get lucky and bag one I would be willing to get rid of the backstrap for you as we know it's not really a desirable cut.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you want to bet....all the silvers are in the back yards! Good luck on the hunt.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys do get lucky and bag one I would be willing to get rid of the backstrap for you as we know it's not really a desirable cut.
Poisonous cut of venison! Especially marinated in Lee and Perions and Montreal Steak Rub.

What do you want to bet....all the silvers are in the back yards! Good luck on the hunt.
I was thinking that yesterday, ha lol

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice cuff link. Sounds like you had a good time. Good luck on the deer!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cuff link. Sounds like you had a good time. Good luck on the deer!

Thanks Tom we are headed over to metal detect, right after breakfast.We both left the woods early

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool Cuff Link Brad...be nice if my Boy would MD with me,23..fast cars..sigh,maybe some day.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Cuff Link Brad...be nice if my Boy would MD with me,23..fast cars..sigh,maybe some day.

GOD Bless

Chris

He will be 21 in Jan., yesterday we were at a 1920 Boy Scout house, he found three neckerchief bands, I found one. He is much faster than me and covers allot of ground. His focus in life has changed for the better and is spending allot more time with me and my father. It is great to have him back at my side and I look forward to him finding some great stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread