NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a quick afternoon hunt today to one of the lots where the weather took out an abandoned house a while back, and I am glad I did! After digging the usual junk, and three lousy mardi gras dubloons (I hate these things) I hit the Washington quarter, a little more junk and out popped the SLQ, I almost didn't dig that hole because it was a pretty bouncy signal, turns out there was a connector for an outboard engine gas tank right next to it..... So, I decided to go look for a couple other sketchy signals that I had assumed were just more dubloons or bits of siding..... Third hole going back over my tracks I got a great hit, and out popped this beautiful Morgan! I was sure it would be a dubloon but for once luck was on my side. Also dug a stripper clip from a Springfield rifle right before I left....

8311.jpg the junk
8312.jpg the clip
8313.jpg 8314.jpg 8315.jpg 8316.jpg and the good stuff.... There's some paint on the Morgan, but it should be easy to remove, First one of these in a while and it's really nice...

Thanks for looking and HH to all!

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, finding a Morgan and a standing liberty on the same day! That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds Man!

Never Dug a MG Doubloon but hear bad things about them in the NO LA Area. I Suppose it would be cool to dig one here .
Just to have one. (never been to Mardi Gra) can not even spell it,???

I guess my First Silver Dollar Will come Unexpectedly, digging a can or big brass.
Nice Quarters as well.
Davers

Those darn things are all aluminum, but smaller than a can top, so they sound good, and then when you flip the plug they look really good, some with reeded edges and being the right color in the dirt..... then when you pick them up, it's like being a kid and getting socks for Christmas... I can't count how many "silver dollars" I've dug that turned out to be dubloons... Also they are literally EVERYWHERE.....
I guess it keeps things exciting :tongue3:

Last edited:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! Still on the bucket list.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those darn things are all aluminum, but smaller than a can top, so they sound good, and then when you flip the plug they look really good, some with reeded edges and being the right color in the dirt..... then when you pick them up, it's like being a kid and getting socks for Christmas... I can't count how many "silver dollars" I've dug that turned out to be dubloons... Also they are literally EVERYWHERE.....
I guess it keeps things exciting :tongue3:

Kind like all those 'Beaver Tail tabs' that shine like Rings . Then the Let Down.

Again ; You did REAL Good Tho.
GL In the Future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread