All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What you going after Jim, and how much do you want to invest in it? Lets see, there is park and yard hunting, relic hunting, nugget hunting and cache hunting. You can get a specialized detector for each type or get a general purpose type. Some of the older ones could do it all and were top quality. I use an XLT made by Whites metal detectors that is 12 years old. It's top quality and as a starter can do it all. But you are going to have to put out $300+ for a good used one. Look thru the for sale section on this fourm. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

peanutman

Greenie
Feb 9, 2013
where in east TX are you I'm in north east TX. I have a group of guys I hunt with ask the time hit me up on pm I can get you in touch with my personal detector dealer and he can help you get a good machine at a real good price.

OP
OP
J

Jim P

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Frank..I have just about made up my mind to buy a Bounty Hunter Platinum..I Think Its a new model for them, and I see that most folkks dont like Bounty Hunter, but I have seen some good reviews..I just want to search for old coins..relics and things like that..have my eye on an original church location started about 1850..an old RR depot from the 1870's ..places like that..The Bounty Detector is 297.99 and some other freebies..Not solid on buying it yet, but almost there..I just dont know enough about todays detectors to know which to buy..Can't see my way to those hi dollar ones..

OP
OP
J

Jim P

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi peanutman..I live about 15 mile South of Cleveland off Hiway 59..I just told Frank that I have about made up my mind to buy a detector, but not solid on it yet.. Where are you located? Thanks for the response

peanutman

Greenie
Feb 9, 2013
I live 30 minutes.jpeg of Dallas but hunt out near waxahatchi I don't know how to spell that city

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread