Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the blue barn today. The barn's not blue but the tin roof is...so we call it the blue barn. ::) This is the same place where I found the Liberty nickle and the Standing Liberty. I have been waiting on the hay to be emptied out and thought I'd go and see.Yea! Only one roll left in there...but now the farming equipment took the place of the hay. :-\ But....worked around it! ;D First find was an Indian! Can't read the date yet though. Second find was a regular penny then went outside and found another Indian...1907. Found another tax token and a wheat and some kind of pin. Of course I found lots and lots of junque too. I have found many porcelain tops but never one with a swastika iron cross ;) on it....too bad it's broken. :-\ But I thought it was neat! ;)

Nana ;)

Attachments

• bluebarn0509.JPG
    bluebarn0509.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 574
  • 2indians.JPG
    2indians.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 583
  • 0509junque.JPG
    0509junque.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0
iron cross/maltesse cross not swatstika....

Excellent find's at your "blue barn" Nana...Can't understand the cross though,seem's out of place?Congrat's on your Indian's and HH!!

nice finds nana!

that porcelain seal is definitely different, too bad it isn't complete

congrats

HH

You're right 34! Thanks for the correction! 8)

Thanks ya'll!

;)

Must be a challenge working around farming equipment with a detector. Congrats on your finds Nana.
Burdie

Hey Nana, nice finds. The iron cross on canning jars was popular on several different varieties. Mason made several, but it looks like yours come from the (cross) Mason's Improved patented Nove 26, 1867. There was also one made by Hero, but that had a clear glass lid not the milk glass type. Congrats...Lance

Nana,

very nice group of finds. Nice canning
seal, even if its broken its a keeper.

have a good un.............................

Great job nana!! WTG on the finds.

Nice finds Nana, I wouldn't mind finding a few of those Indians hiding in holes. :D
Mchamby

Nice finds, Nana! Love those Indians. My luck a filled canning jar would be sitting underneath the tractor. Maybe you can hotwire it and move it a few feet. LOL

Nana,

WTG!! Love those IHs. ;)

River

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back