Back to the foundation site today........

tb

Mar 24, 2005
? Went back to the foundation site that I've been to a couple of times before.? This is the site where I found the Walking Liberty 1/2 dollar two weeks ago.? My mother-in-law went along today.? Her first hit was a 1937or31 Buffalo Nickel!? She found a 1951 and a 1952 wheat penny after that.? I managed 2 '57 wheats, a '53, '52, '45, and a '44 wheat.? Tons of bottlecaps and other junk.?

tb

Attachments

• ma.JPG
    ma.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 382
  • foundation.JPG
    foundation.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 387
  • buffalo and wheats.JPG
    buffalo and wheats.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 382
  • foundationjunk2.JPG
    foundationjunk2.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
how cool is that! a mother in law you can detect with! looks like you guys have a cool spot to hunt.

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
nice stuff. can you read any of the tubes? ?I like to read them if possible. ?kind of like medicine bottles ?gives you an idea of what people used back then.

Tim

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's one cool Mother in law..Great find's,sound's like you all had a good day.Congrat's and HH!!Keep us posted on your next find's at this site.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you found some good stuff, tb. :)

Thanks for the pictures. It made me smile because I was thinking about starting a thread about what people wear when they detect. My mom just laughs at me...hiking boots, ripped wind pants, gardening apron, anorak jacket and baseball cap. I look like a homeless person. Your M-I-L looks much nicer than I look when detecting. At least she matches! :D

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
how cool is that! a mother in law you can detect with!
I was thinking the same thing. Too cool

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds TB and Mom! It's great to have a hunting buddy!

Looks like you two had fun!

;)

OP
OP
T

tb

Mar 24, 2005
TimmyNY, One of the tubes is "Musterole", I guess it was supposed to work like vapor rub.

Jake, I think the silverware was plated, I still have to clean them up.

trk5, my father-in-law is retired from the Fire Dept. I need to get her some cheap pvc rubber boots, those fire boots sink deep into the mud and are a little heavy for her.

I was going thru all of that junk to take the picture and one of the pieces was a tube of lipstick with lipstick still inside, pretty wild considering that stuff has been in the ground 60 years. I guess the mud will preserve stuff sometimes.

take care,

tb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions