Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few weeks ago at this property I got my first SLQ and today I only had about an hour to hunt but it was well worth it. After digging a few pieces of junk I got a signal that sounded good but the numbers were not good like a piece of iron, so I dug it and in the side of the hole I could see a square nail and a coin on edge and I could already see that I hit after I flipped it out. It turned out to be my oldest silver and my first seated coin an 1876 seated quarter and I hit it:BangHead: After a couple clad coins I dug a piece of metal that was covered with rust and corrosion after I got home and rinsed it off I could read New York State retail hardware assn annual convention not sure what year this might be from but it's definitely cool because the house was built in 1876 by the guy that owned the local hardware store and they lived in the home until the late 1930's. IMAG0462.jpg IMAG0463.jpg IMAG0464.jpg IMAG0465.jpg

Upvote 4

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated quarter. The other piece looks like a suspender clip/ buckle. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool congrats!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds!, too bad ya nicked the seated but who cares, its still awesome

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A REALLY nice dig! Anything early than Barber, and quarter-sized is a scarce find, to be certain. I don't know why there are more replies than this to a great coin like you dug. Probably because folks aren't clicking on your post since they equate SLQ in the title with "Standing Liberty Quarter" rather than "Seated."

Congrats!

-Buck

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great coin way to go

Dig until your arm falls off

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Brake for any silver type coin!:treasurechest: Nice dug coin there! Looks like it was dropped within a month after being minted sweeeet 8-) What scratch I don't see one hardly :icon_scratch: (OK now I see it is more like a rub, I've done far worse before, gouges, you really can't see into the soil, just be glad you got a nice coin)

Congrats CARM

Last edited:

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice coin and I also don't see any major damage to it. I'm still waiting for my first seated. Also, how cool is that to find a piece of hardware assn memorablia at the home of the hardware store owner. Nice going.

OP
OP
Jyverb64

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for all the great comments and ya Buck after I posted it I thought I should have said Seated Quarter oh well maybe the next one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread