Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year and earlier this year, I pounded a hillside with the Etrac and the CTX 3030. Because of all the iron I was finding, it was suggested that I try the DEUS. Yesterday, after fighting traffic for almost 2 hours, ( 2 accidents plus construction), I finally got to the hill. I had recovered a ton of stuff that I would normally attribute to an old farm house or barn. Horse shoes, rein guides, lots of nails, a pile of broken glass, and a few shards of pottery. If this hill wasn't in a public park, it would be a candidate for a sifting site. What kept me coming back was the Silver Dimes and Wheat Pennies that this spot gave up.
I decided to try the DEUS to see if there would be a significant number of silvers missed by the Minelabs. Some of my first targets were deep nails and some iron. In the holes I was digging were pieces of broken dishes. I also dug a fork that is marked "Sterling Plate"
About an hour into the hunt, I hit a Mercury Dime. It was about 6 inches deep. Even the clad was scarce but I attribute that to the pounding that I have given this spot in the last year.
I will probably check on this spot again but after the parks department cuts the grass.

IMG_4215.JPG IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG IMG_4216.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the Merc!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Merc ATW, maybe go back after they mow and it has rained.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Kevin!!!! Love the Merc! BTW. Get out of my spot! LOL

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice merc dime & congrats on your finds. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us & wish you many more.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread