Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During my very short time metal detecting, I've come across some very odd/strange/curious finds........
I'm sure that none of those items would surprise you seasoned veterans. But, today at the end of my hunt (4 hours, 4 locations, $4+ in clad), I came across this........2" down and just as you see it here (in a neighbors' sidewalk strip)............

526 Odd Find.jpg

It's a Commemorative Brass Anniversary Token from Knobel's Amusement Park dated 2001 already packaged nicely in an air tight..........
Anyone else ever see anything like this?

Thanks for lookin' in and good hunting..........

Upvote 13

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah actually I found some mint sets in money bag that was stuffed in a jar. That was in Germany, I had already gotten used to finding US money in Germany though so I was not so shocked.

Still that is not the same as what you found. Thats a sealed token someone wanted to keep, thats pretty cool.

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hah cool, my last hunt I found a ring (copper or brass) with the tag, Size, and price still on it about 4" down!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah actually I found some mint sets in money bag that was stuffed in a jar. That was in Germany, I had already gotten used to finding US money in Germany though so I was not so shocked.

Still that is not the same as what you found. Thats a sealed token someone wanted to keep, thats pretty cool.

Wow....a mini cache.....I would imagine that had your heart a pumpin' pretty fast..........

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hah cool, my last hunt I found a ring (copper or brass) with the tag, Size, and price still on it about 4" down!

Don't know how you folks manage to find all those rings........I've found 8 or 10, but mostly all costume junk............
But, with all the original marketing info on it must have been crazy..........

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if it might have been part of one of those geo-caching competitions....or whatever they are. Maybe there are clues out there somewhere, but you happened to find it by accident.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1oz Silver Eagle still in its plastic case once. And I recall a few other people on here finding bullion coins in the field - very odd to find bullion coins or coins in plastic but not unheard of. Very cool :thumbsup::treasurechest:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it might have been part of one of those geo-caching competitions....or whatever they are. Maybe there are clues out there somewhere, but you happened to find it by accident.

Now there's a unique perspective.........
The fellow who's strip I searched asked me to uncover the utility leads in the strip.........that piece was next to the water line. He's having the original slate sidewalks replaced and I made a deal with him to get the first look see after the slate is removed..............

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1oz Silver Eagle still in its plastic case once. And I recall a few other people on here finding bullion coins in the field - very odd to find bullion coins or coins in plastic but not unheard of. Very cool :thumbsup::treasurechest:

I should be so lucky.........LOL
Thanks for those stories.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Now there's a unique perspective.........
The fellow who's strip I searched asked me to uncover the utility leads in the strip.........that piece was next to the water line. He's having the original slate sidewalks replaced and I made a deal with him to get the first look see after the slate is removed..............

...And once that time comes, we wanna see some Chizzy Chizzy Bang Bang here!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...And once that time comes, we wanna see some Chizzy Chizzy Bang Bang here!! :laughing7:

I'm sure praying that there's something special under there!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread