Back to the Old Gravel Lot for 8 More Silvers!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had enough of digging turf yesterday, so I headed back out to the old gravel lot where I've done so well this year. I got skunked on the last two visits there and thought maybe I'd cleaned it out.
Well, I guess not!

I went extra slow and got underneath some of the creosote bushes. Low and behold, look what was hiding there!
IMG_5090.jpeg

The Rosie's are 1953, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963 and two 1964's.
The little silver ring has a bear hugging a heart.
IMG_5091.jpeg

The little emblem is a mystery to me, and google couldn't figure it out either. Anybody recognize it?

Well, I was only hoping to find one more silver coin there, so this was a very nice surprise!

I'll be heading back up to Reno soon, so I have to make the most out my time down here and get out as much as I can.

Thanks for looking, and good luck to all!

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 27

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had enough of digging turf yesterday, so I headed back out to the old gravel lot where I've done so well this year. I got skunked on the last two visits there and thought maybe I'd cleaned it out.
Well, I guess not!

I went extra slow and got underneath some of the creosote bushes. Low and behold, look what was hiding there!
View attachment 2082570
View attachment 2082571

The little emblem is a mystery to me, and google couldn't figure it out either. Anybody recognize it?

Well, I was only hoping to find one more silver coin there, so this was a very nice surprise!

I'll be heading back up to Reno soon, so I have to make the most out my time down here and get out as much as I can.

Not just one silver but several! I would be pleased as punch on those recoveries!

Congratulations 👍

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a whole lot of silver. Well done. Recently I've re-visited some local lots and was surprised what I had missed the first couple of trips. Slowing down my swing seems to help me separate out good targets from bad, especially when there is a lot of trash.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done at the site again.
The crest image is of a knight wearing a barred helmet.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess not!

View attachment 2082570
View attachment 2082571

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!

Radon

Oct 4, 2006
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Nox 800
Most of those dimes have mintmarks. For someone in the East, that's not something I see very often. Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread