Backyard Find - Root thru Chain

B

Big1011Guy

I have seen a picture of a Tree Root going through a Gold Ring. My Find isn't quite as spectacular but, to me it is pretty cool. This Root didn't just go through this Chain Once, but Twice. It was about 3" underground in my backyard. I was practicing for my first Nite Time / Low Tide(Sat. 8:20pm)Hunt at Galveston this Weekend.
Metal Detecting is an Awesome Hobby and Very Addicting!!!!!!
Big1011Guy.
P.S. I decided to check the Root with a Magnifying Glass and actually found out that the Root went thru Two Links in The small Chain on the Left. So, the Root actually passed thru the Chain (3) Times.
Here are a couple of Pictures:

Attachments

• Root Thru Chain 001.JPG
    Root Thru Chain 001.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 446
  • Root Thru Chain 003.JPG
    Root Thru Chain 003.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
Big, I have found that a hunt, even with out any keepers, is enjoyable as long as you find something interesting that gets you thinking. hh blue

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Makes me wonder just how old/long this chain has been in the ground.
Any Rootologists (I guess that's what they call someone that studies/analyzes Roots) out there.
Big1011Guy

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing what will limbs off trees will grow through. I had a neighbor who planted a tree and stuck a horseshoe around it. Yep the tree grew right up through it and embedded itself into it. We called it the good luck tree. That's pretty much the same scenario only the chain was lost and something started growing up through it.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Almost as cool as the ring on the root!

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

STH69 said:
Almost as cool as the ring on the root!

Yea Almost. except the Root Going thru the Ring Looked like an Actual Finger.
I was worried that I I hadn't spent enough money on a Detector, but I am really Happy with my Garrett Ace 250. It has located some really interesting items in a short amount of time.
Big1011Guy

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat, good that you took pictures and showed us. I have had a few finds where a root grew thru a hole in the object, the best was roots growing through a chain, and the chain was attached to a roman lock. But did not have my camera at the ready!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread