Bad Back, Bad Ears, The Ace 250 is the Perfect Detector

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I'm only 55 years old, but because I was Bullet Proof (or so I thought) in my younger years, my back does not hold up too long when detecting with a heavier machine. My ears are not all that great either (too many live rounds fired). The Ace having limited and loud tones and being light weight is the perfect detector. I'm in Idaho now, but was in Arizona. I bought a Minelab 2200V2 for gold nugget prospecting. 15 minutes with that machine and I was popping a pain pill and sitting on my butt. I sold the 2200 for a good price. I then bought the Ace 250. I can hunt far longer and don't miss targets because of faint tones. I kept the Ace and bought a Minelab X-Terra 70 and several coils thinking my finds would greatly increase. Maybe it was not getting used to the X-70 enough or the bad ears, but I made better finds with the Ace 250 so I sold the X-70. I ordered the large and sniper coil for the 250. Now if this darn snow would just go away, I can really put them to good use. Lots of old properties that I have permission to hunt. Can't wait for spring.
Bottom line, if your like me, half deaf and crippled, the Ace 250 is the way to go. Can't beat the price for value either :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:.
Best Regards, John K

P.S. Youth is wasted on the young !!!

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

Attachments

• vibraphone.jpg
    vibraphone.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 415

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster
That thing is sweet, I am half tone deaf and was jokingly thinking of making some sort of shock collar :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
R

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Rusted Nail said:
That thing is sweet, I am half tone deaf and was jokingly thinking of making some sort of shock collar :D :D :D :D

Sounds like a good idea, but my wife would figure out a way to remotely turn it on and zap me just for fun !

Best Regards, John K

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
the ace vibrates all by itself you just have to tune yourself to feel it. I learned this when a train went by while i was in a park by the tracks. found and dug the quarter before the train was gone.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are enjoying the ACE 250 you are at least having some fun. Wait till you get your ears dried and you will be wanting a lighter machine again. Still time for you to join the NRA so you can keep firing them live rounds.

Attachments

• NRA Coffee.jpg
    NRA Coffee.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 214
  • NRA Coffee.jpg
    NRA Coffee.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
R

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Sandman said:
If you are enjoying the ACE 250 you are at least having some fun. Wait till you get your ears dried and you will be wanting a lighter machine again. Still time for you to join the NRA so you can keep firing them live rounds.

NRA Lifer since age 22. Never though of the water in my ears. As cold as it is here, within 5 minutes of going outside, the water in my ears turns to ice and then things get really bad. I'll try the "Q" tips after my shower before going out detecting :tongue3:

Best Regards, John K

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
wolcottdigger said:
Here is another detector that's supposed to be very light, I don't know much about it.
I saw a video review on you tube and the guy seemed to like it.

Joe
http://www.detectorpro.com/headhunter-pirate.htm

Looks too simple and too expensive for my taste but to each their own! I'll stick to using my Ace250!
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread