Bad luck turned good!!

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
So my van had to go to the shop today because it's running horribly. So I got the rental car took it across town went to some thrift stores that I get to go to about 2 times a year. The first place spent $3 on a pair of authentic Christian Dior sunglasses. The style is not on eBay US but it is on the European eBay sold for $275-350!

image-664057545.jpg

image-369805717.jpg

The one reason I figured they were real was because they were at the bottom of a box with other stuff on top of them and not a single scratch or nick, they look like they're brand-new! Cheap glasses look horrible!

Next stop was a pendant and charm. Both Sterling for $10.

image-3401097592.jpg

Then the last store was a sterling and hemite necklace for $8. I'm hoping to get $200-250 for it.

image-2604278611.jpg

image-568448542.jpg

I'm also hoping that they don't call and say that the van needs $500 of repairs!!! I don't know for the first 20 minutes in the morning it runs like a tank and then it smooths out & its fine the rest of the day!

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
Alright so then needed new motor mounts and a master cylinder for the brakes replaced. Thank goodness it was all under warranty!! I had to pay for the oil change!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you got the oil change covered :)

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow those are a killer pair of sunglasses. I can see why they go for so much!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, to be from thrift stores. Speaking of vans being in the shop, that's where mine is. Coming home from work yesterday I heard a weird noise then the truck was all over the road. It was hard to control the steering on I-95, but I made it the 15 miles to the shop near my house. Somehow or another the control arm is cracked on the front passenger side. It's too old (12 yr) to be under warranty. At least I got my big job done and I have the rest of the weekend to go picking. Speaking of which, I gotta get ready to go!

Captin Scrap

May 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX, & ExCal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You nailed it Isabella ... Congrats.

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I don't know how much fun ill have on Fridays anymore. My daughter is writing stories about being with boys in full detail. She is in 2nd grade and we believe she is hearing it on the bus. So I am going to take her and drop her off everyday which I'm not looking forward too. I can't believe some of the things she is writing. She's 7!!'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread