Germany Porcelain/Ceramic Mark Help?

2higuy

Greenie
Mar 21, 2009
Hilton Head Island, SC
Long time reader, not a frequent poster. Thought I would share one of my most recent finds, and then ask for some help. A recent purchase from the local GW, a milk crate packed full of 40-50 various porcelain/ceramic/resin/metal dog figurines, some Goebel, Lefton, Belleek, occupied Japan and more, all for a whopping $7.77. The best of the group so far was a Rosenthal French Bulldog that dated from 1914-1917 sold for 125.00, and a couple others in the 20 and 25 range. Long story short, a great buy.

My reason for posting today of course is to ask for help with a mark on one of these figurines. As I work my way through the box I have come a cross one that has a blue ink stamp that is hard to make out, but is marked Germany. I have done my share of research on German porcelain/ceramic marks but still coming up empty. Hoping one of you treasure net experts that has more experience with pottery, and ceramics, something I usually avoid, can help with this mark. It is a blue ink stamped mark that is rather blurry making it difficult, hoping someone simply knows this mark by site and can set me in the right direction. Pics included, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5181.JPG
    IMG_5181.JPG
    861.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5192.JPG
    IMG_5192.JPG
    408.2 KB · Views: 96

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Nice buy 2higuy - can't help ya out on the mark but I am sure a member will pipe in shortly...

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That’s a nice piece by Heinz Schaubach, Unterweissbach of Thutingia in Germany, with the mark used between 1956-1962. There’s one on WorthPoint but I don’t subscribe, so can’t say what it sold for:

Terrier.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-unterweissbach-german-porcelain-470997888

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread