Bad news

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess after all these years my hobby is over. After my heart surgery and arteries taken out of my left leg i cant walk far. Today i was told i might loose my leg at the knee. This site is so cool and i will stay here as long as i can. The doctor talked to my wife but told her not to inform me how severe my health is until tonite. Got alot of people here that taught me things so i will let you know wats up. Yes i am drinking a beer before she gets home. :occasion14:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear of this....
Good luck and hope you stick around as a Tnet friend to all of us.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So sorry to here that news. I'm sure all our prayers are with you and you family. Stay in touch.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during your surgery and recovery.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this AA !
Hopefully the Doctors will Come up with an alternative.

I'll be hoping for he Best For Ya !

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are here for you Bud.
Thoughts and prayers.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
perspective, news like yours puts our problems into perspective. My prayers will be for you and your wife/family. it is a hard thing to realize that things won't ever be the same again. You are still a valued member of this Net and have a lot to share yet. Jerry

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang tough, will keep you and yours in my prayers.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fight AA!
If you lose a leg ,keep detecting anyways.

I kept detecting after having a leg removed. Not the same ,but by golly it is still detecting...

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear that and I really hope things improve for you try to keep a positive attitude and definitely stick around here I can relate on some level in April of last year I had a massive stroke which left me unable to detect it's been very tough and I miss it every day but I'm still above ground feel free to get in touch if you ever want to share war stories hang in there brother

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA,
You're not done, it just that now you have to find a different way of getting your fix. This "hobby" will NEVER leave you and you surely don't have to leave it.. You are a member of the T'Net family and ALWAYS will be... I would be willing to bet that you have a ton of info that the young ones would love to know. So tell your stories and enjoy your days... Yes, it looks like your travelling days might be over, but by no means does that mean you have to leave us or the hobby..

Your Amigo
PLL

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that, aa battery! You have my hopes and wishes for the best possible outcome, and that the "aa battery" will never lose its charge.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So sorry to hear, I will keep you in my prayers!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to learn of your bad news. Life sure serves up some bitter hits at times.

Praying for you.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess after all these years my hobby is over. After my heart surgery and arteries taken out of my left leg i cant walk far. Today i was told i might loose my leg at the knee. This site is so cool and i will stay here as long as i can. The doctor talked to my wife but told her not to inform me how severe my health is until tonite. Got alot of people here that taught me things so i will let you know wats up. Yes i am drinking a beer before she gets home. :occasion14:

I think I would too on the beer. I'm very sorry to hear this, so very sorry. You've been a great presence here for years. I pray the best for you. It's pretty Deep for you now. Please always keep the faith towards each tomorrow.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers offered for you, and your family. Hang tough, you have a lot left to offer your family - and us! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see you are a positive soul, this is just the start of a new chapter in your life. With your positive attitude you be fine in your future endeavors. I am happy to read that you plan on sticking around. You are a valued member here on Tnet, the greatest community on the internet.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that and hope your health improves, I started this hobby after I had health problems and always wish I had got into detecting when I was healthy. It does me good to get out and get some activity but I would have been a little sharper and been able to detect more before my health problems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread