chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol this made me laugh. The Kruzer is so awesome that everyone is too busy out finding treasure to to talk about it or post on the forum. [emoji23][emoji23]

giggle worthy but don't be mean Ben... Kruzer owners are welcome to post in the main Nokta Makro forum where Dilek makes all the announcements. Im in no way against the Kruzer. I think its astounding that it does so well in wet salt. I would love to see it head to head with the equinox. The biggest issue with the kruzer in my very humble opinion is that it killed the entire Nokta / Makro range. Where I live the Equinox is the same price as a racer 2... 20% cheaper than a fors core. 15% cheaper than the kruzer. 2/3 the cost of whites MX sport... metaldetectorsforafrica.co.za minelab.co.za Nokta make great products -I just believe it was marketing suicide. Easy to say the Impact and Kruzer are different platforms....harder to convince the buying public. (especially the ones who bought the impact)

The Equinox is currently being VERY well shaken down by ALOT of detectorists and this is the thread where the biggest of warts will be exposed....hopefully for the betterment of/ and improving the product and to clear up misconceptions or user misunderstanding. To stop myths from starting and confirm faults.

Chub

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Multi Kruzer only just started getting to customers this week. Who knows, maybe the nail and air tests will start to roll in on the Kruzer forums too. In my opinion I don't think Makro/Nokta killed their line by releasing the Kruzer, and why would that bother you so much anyway? Makro was simply answering the requests of their customers to release a waterproof detector. How many other companies do you know of that listen to, and are active on the forums and release the asked for product in so little time? Why do so many people have a problem with that? I have a Racer 2 and will be getting the Multi Kruzer for the versatility it provides. I do like reading the NOX forums though, and I await the reviews of the Multi Kruzer when it reaches capable hands.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably been mentioned.. didn’t want to filter through 11 pages...

Close proximity targets and shallow targets usually produces multiple tones due to coil edge sensitivity. Like the other day I was filming and I said.. “ Okay looks like 3 targets .. 1 a shallow dime, 1 a low conductor and one deep.”
After mutilating the hole a shallow dime appeared from on of many clumps.

I run a deus and Etrac.. this rarely ever happens using them. I’m usually very accurate on digging.

I’m having some issues pairing my head phones “quickly” deus is super quick.. 4 seconds. Equinox going through pairing sequence takes 1:00-1:30 to pair. No clue why, I’ve read and re read the manual many times.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Close proximity targets and shallow targets usually produces multiple tones due to coil edge sensitivity. Like the other day I was filming and I said.. “ Okay looks like 3 targets .. 1 a shallow dime, 1 a low conductor and one deep.”

I run a deus and Etrac.. this rarely ever happens using them. I’m usually very accurate on digging.

I’m having some issues pairing my head phones “quickly” deus is super quick.. 4 seconds. Equinox going through pairing sequence takes 1:00-1:30 to pair. No clue why, I’ve read and re read the manual many times.

I've been noticing this too, mostly on coins. I've been lifting my coil up a couple inches when I run into a multi-tone and that seems to sort out surface/shallow targets.

Not sure on your long pairing time. My headphones pair in about 15 seconds. Odd.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enough of the small talk! Show us the Confederate buttons and gold coins! (like that happens every day, right?)

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What exactly are you referring to when you say pairing sequence?
Once paired initially, and you don't do a full reset with Equinox. I turn my detector on, turn on wireless and a few seconds like 2-5 boom everything is linked headphone icon in window.
I can turn in wireless first then the detector, Same things a couple, to like no more than 5 seconds to see the headphone icon in meter's window.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I wish the nox had the FE CO numbers. That feature has helped me make the decision to dig or not dig many times, and more often than not, its pretty accurate. For those that have the equinox, how accurate have you found it to be at depth? Any bounce in the numbers? They advertise accurate target ID at depth, but i have seen bounce on deep targets in the videos I have watched, this could be due to operator error by not using the correct search mode and settings possibly. I am impressed with recovery though. It looks to be able to operate in trash laden sites for sure.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not going to be a CTX. CTX = $2500. Equinox = $900. It is a General Purpose Amphibius speed machine. Deep silver FBS with all the bells and whistles that incrementally drive up cost is the CTX's territory. You've got to look at the Equinox as complimentary to the CTX not as a replacement for the CTX. I wish it had some additional features too, but then I snap myself out of it and realize that they would just drive up the cost.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari nailed it. I believe they wanted to make something that would challenge some of the Garrett machines. Only a few negatives. I did get to swing one, it's nose heavy. Also, from what I've seen, the meter does jump around a lot so not digging iffy targets is going to lose good stuff for you. If I didn't dig the iffy ones, I would probably not have much of a collection. Will be a good machine. It will not walk on water.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be wrong, and probably am, but something tells me that, where silver is CTX's forte, gold is the Equinox's forte.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any gold recovered yet by anyone. Maybe after the nor'easter out here. I hate the wind. A lot of machines were delivered within the past 10 days. I saw several on Ebay also. Those sold fast. Of course, it's the same old same old, the targets have to be there to begin with. Some of the beaches around here for instance, well, sometimes I've seen six people at the same little beach at the same time. "sighs"

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 4 hours with it today and found a merc and a barber dime at a pounded grassy knoll above an old school. That's a really good day for me here in the city. For reference, I was zero iron bias, all metal, 4 reactivity, 22 sens. These settings seem to lock onto VIDs better in my soils. Not sure I would consider this a "bad point" yet, but one thing that has me sort of bummed out is the way copper pennies, mercs, barber dimes, and clad dimes come up on VID. They are all seemingly mashed together @ 24/25 or 25 VID. I know the Equinox was not designed specifically for US coin shooters -- It is a worldwide Swiss Army knife, and respectfully so -- But, I couldn't help but long for my MXT's VDI indexing and its ability to cherry pick old silver dimes without digging tons of pennies and clad dimes. Time will tell if I am able to do the same with the EQ, but it seems that those VIDs are pretty consistent both in the wild and in air tests. In the meantime, I am going to be in the dig-everything mentality and see if I can figure out the Equiniox's nuances.

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What exactly are you referring to when you say pairing sequence?
Once paired initially, and you don't do a full reset with Equinox. I turn my detector on, turn on wireless and a few seconds like 2-5 boom everything is linked headphone icon in window.
I can turn in wireless first then the detector, Same things a couple, to like no more than 5 seconds to see the headphone icon in meter's window.

TNSS I may be doing this wrong but when I fire it up and turn on the detector I hit the wireless button on top right. This may be my problem forcing it to cycle. Next time I’ll try to turn on the Equinox turn on headphones and time how long it takes. So far it’s been 45 second to 1:00 min to pair.

I’m use to the deus which is instant.

I’ll check back next weekend. I’m on the west coast this week with my 800 but no headphones.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The REALLY BAD thing about the Equinox series is that it will most likely kick the competition into high gear and within a year or two there will be a revolution in detecting. Wait...that''s not BAD! That's awesome! Let the games begin. Wouldn't it be cool if this started a manufacturing "war" like when we went from computers with no hard drive in 1988 to the gaming and data crunching monsters we have now? It won't be "catch up", it will be "outdo". Of course the targets have to be in the ground to begin with....that's always a problem. We may have to dump all our machines in a couple years and start over.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNSS I may be doing this wrong but when I fire it up and turn on the detector I hit the wireless button on top right. This may be my problem forcing it to cycle. Next time I’ll try to turn on the Equinox turn on headphones and time how long it takes. So far it’s been 45 second to 1:00 min to pair.

I’m use to the deus which is instant.

I’ll check back next weekend. I’m on the west coast this week with my 800 but no headphones.

Just turn on detector and headphones.
Leave the top right button alone once you are paired.
All will be fine.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen any gold recovered yet by anyone. Maybe after the nor'easter out here. I hate the wind. A lot of machines were delivered within the past 10 days. I saw several on Ebay also. Those sold fast. Of course, it's the same old same old, the targets have to be there to begin with. Some of the beaches around here for instance, well, sometimes I've seen six people at the same little beach at the same time. "sighs"

I have see folks finding gold right off the get go with Nox. Posted online. Some with videos I think.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Multi Kruzer only just started getting to customers this week. Who knows, maybe the nail and air tests will start to roll in on the Kruzer forums too. In my opinion I don't think Makro/Nokta killed their line by releasing the Kruzer, and why would that bother you so much anyway? Makro was simply answering the requests of their customers to release a waterproof detector. How many other companies do you know of that listen to, and are active on the forums and release the asked for product in so little time? Why do so many people have a problem with that? I have a Racer 2 and will be getting the Multi Kruzer for the versatility it provides. I do like reading the NOX forums though, and I await the reviews of the Multi Kruzer when it reaches capable hands.

I think if they really were listening to what customers wanted the IMPACT would have been waterproof, lighter and true multi frequency. Who exactly did ask for a 1.8kg single frequency (x3) VLF machine that isnt waterproof and doesnt fit in a backpack?
Not saying it isnt a good detector but looking at it objectively.

I hope you are correct and that there will be huge ammounts of traffic in the Nokta forum once the sub heading of Kruzer has been added. Right now in the Makro/Nokta section with ALL of the model sub headings listed there is exactly one (1) post at the time of writing.

I almost purchased the Impact and personally would have been gutted if I had. A cheaper,waterproof,lighter machine coming along a year later I would have felt shafted. I like to have a long term relationship with detectors because Im not out every weekend and I travel alot for my work .

I look forward to your review of the kruzer. Nokta make a good detector and in the end it all comes down to choosing the machine that best suits your needs.

Chub

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have see folks finding gold right off the get go with Nox. Posted online. Some with videos I think.
Same here, TN. More so with this machine than with many others I could name. That's why I feel that while the 3030 is ML's silver sucker, the Equinox may very well be their gold grabber. Gold is good...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like gold. My Deus sucks gold and civil war buttons right out of the ground. The Equinox is a good machine. Time to get off the net and go play with the machines. I'm going out in the wind.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I am a little uneasy about so far is the charging system , basically the charging cable is your lifeline and if something happens to it you are SOL and the detector is worthless . I wish ML would have included 2 cables and a wall and car adapter . I hope that they make extra cables available soon , I dont see any for sale yet . If anyone has any alternative method to charge it or if there is any aftermarket type cables that would work please let us know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions