Bad, Sad day today

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, out found out 2 weeks ago that our 9 year young beagle "Missy" had bladder cancer, plus a UTI. But the vet said that the cancer reading could have been a false positive from the UTI. He put her on a 3 week course of an antibiotic after they isolated exactly what bacteria was there. But after 2 weeks, and we could tell the UTI was cleared up she had very bad days and was in severe pain one day and the next day she was ok then bad again. She just a 1 1/2 lb lipoma tumor removed from under her front armpit in April this year, which was not cancerous. Vet was surprised at the size because it only looked to be the size of a golf ball until he got in there. Then with this event taking place, both vets were sure she had cancer all through her that was causing the pain. So today, with the vet here at our house she got to go to sleep and there will be no more pain. I am so lost and my house is so empty without our beagle. Rest in peace my little girlie girl. I know I am posting in the wrong forum, but I wanted to let my friends know and unload some since I am here alone. :sad10:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Cruddy, sorry to hear that. I like animals more than most people.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Lady Pirate said:
Well, out found out 2 weeks ago that our 9 year young beagle "Missy" had bladder cancer, plus a UTI. But the vet said that the cancer reading could have been a false positive from the UTI. He put her on a 3 week course of an antibiotic after they isolated exactly what bacteria was there. But after 2 weeks, and we could tell the UTI was cleared up she had very bad days and was in severe pain one day and the next day she was ok then bad again. She just a 1 1/2 lb lipoma tumor removed from under her front armpit in April this year, which was not cancerous. Vet was surprised at the size because it only looked to be the size of a golf ball until he got in there. Then with this event taking place, both vets were sure she had cancer all through her that was causing the pain. So today, with the vet here at our house she got to go to sleep and there will be no more pain. I am so lost and my house is so empty without our beagle. Rest in peace my little girlie girl. I know I am posting in the wrong forum, but I wanted to let my friends know and unload some since I am here alone. :sad10:

Sorry to hear of your friend passing. I have a dog that is over fifteen years old now. He's not doing so well.

Last edited:

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear hear about your buddie....we also just had to let go of our Jack Russle/Lab mix that we adopted 11 years ago on our honeymoon in Maui. One of the most difficult things to ever go through.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss, I had an alaskan malamute for 15 years, had to put him to sleep, it's a sad thing to have to do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to here of your loss...... I use to raise boxers for 25 years, owned 9 that were mine, lost them all over time and it hurt to lose each one. Each one was an in house dog, they were our protection. Anyone who broke in was in big trouble. I owned 2 or 3 at a time for most of the years, none lived past 12.................

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So sorry for your loss. Our 12 year old cat passed away two months ago and we cried for weeks.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss ...I know what you feel like losing your best friend.

Last edited:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very sorry to hear about your loss...........have been a big time dog lover my whole life and the loss of a loyal long time friend is one of the harder things I have ever been through. At age 49 I have lost 4 that were almost unbearable and said no more each time......then I find another. The unconditional love of a dog is such a hard thing to describe to people who are not dog lovers. They love us no matter what. God bless and maybe, when you are ready, you will find another buddy to feel the void. One of the few things in life that give so much and ask for so little.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to think i,m tough,but the personal bond with dogs makes for a hurt when they pass. Its part of the deal,allways in the back of mind so the good times are savored with them. Last beagle was over 20 years ago. Clear as a couple days ago. Still a house full of dogs,each a different personality and while its not a negative comparison, those of the past are remembered. Hang in there, i,m glad you had time with such a sweetie! :love5:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what some people think, dogs are for sure a family member. We have had to put two dogs down in the past 2.5 years and it is never any easier. Peace be with you.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear of this sad event, nothing I can say will take away your pain, but know that I have shared your sadness and that a brighter day is on it's way. Bless you and your household.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear that, wish ya the best, AC

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for your kindness of words and feeling my pain. Man it's hard..... Just prayers and time will help. My husband is flying in next week for his moms 90th birthday and was so excited to see his little girl. He is crushed also. He's been great calling me every few hours, and I need his strength now. Thank you all again, it does help to share with my new found TNet friends. Bless you all for being kind and considerate.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So sorry to hear it. We have a 16 year young Beagle named Buddy and the thought of losing him is always in our minds. They are such great dogs.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know that this is a very hard time right now. You did the right thing by not letting her suffer longer.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They give us there all, and then they are gone. Gracie was 12. Frank

Attachments

• Gracie and friend.jpg
    Gracie and friend.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 93

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is a sad thing i know how you feel... And sorry to hear about your pet........ I had a Boxer for 11 years and had to have him put under last year..... I think that was the hardest thing i ever had to do....

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I love dogs. Hoping in time another four legged friend finds his way to your door.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shanon is gone heard, she's drifting out to sea. she all ways like to swim and play. may be she will find an island with a shady tree. just like the one in our back.

Henry Gross, he's on you tube

love that song

sorry for the loss,I loss a few pets along the way also...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions