Bad, Sad day today

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry you lost you rbest friend. Like you said, no more pain. Did the same thing for my Grandmothers little dog 30 years ago. She had a big tumor. Her quality of life was zero. Never have forgotten it either.

May another four legged friend find it's way to your door.

RJGMC

(HI BOB!)

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so sorry for your loss, Im going though the same with my dog, he had his rear leg amputated with soft tissue sarcoma, and is starting his last trip with chemotherapy,we wont now if it spread until he gets his last chest Exray next week
keep your head up high and remember the wonderful times you two had together, your not alone with your family here on the forum.....

penster

Sep 3, 2012
CT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for your loss. I went through this last year with my 14 year old rescue. we got her when my son was 6 months old. People who aren't dog lovers don't understand. They are our children and best friends. My heart goes out to you.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am very sorry for your lose of your best friend. I love all animals but dogs leave foot prints in your heart.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Sorry! You did the right thing. Maybe you should redirect the pain and get another puppy, and revive that emptyness and love. Hang in there!

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all again. But no-more pets until we are totally settled down. Too hard of a heartbreak when this takes place. Now we can take the husbands Harley out for weekends. I'll be getting my Road King real soon, so I'll be zoom-zoom-zoom also. I can't take trips to go see my 3 sons after I move to Wyoming. I have a bestest friend in Michigan I an go see, and a sister on Long Island to go see also. And my mother-in law here in Florida whom will be 90 next week. So it's just the healing process and then getting this Florida home leased out so I can go to my new brand new home waiting for me with my husband in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I have been getting a lot of phone calls from friends and family and they talk of the funny or sweet things Missy did while they were around her, and that is a big help for me. Blessings to all ....and to anyone whom has an older or ailing pet, I know and feel your pain and sadness. You are in my thoughts and I am just a message away if you want to talk.

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss, I lost my dog this March probably to cancer not sure as they didn't really need to test for it as she had a baseball sized tumer in the middle of her liver. We almost lost her in 2006 and found out she had addison's so she had to take meds the rest of her life, then I got really sick in 2007 and almost died of histoplasmosis which got in my epiglottis and vocal cords, they had to trache my neck and give me some really bad poison to kill it but my dog was right by my side the whole time. We were there for each other when we really needed it, and it will never be the same without her. I remember when I came home from the two week stay in the IC unit she was so happy to see me that she jumped up on me and almost tore out my feeding tube. Hang in there but always remember her.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rainbow%20bridge.jpg 525183_302731969794840_151294771605228_740784_2059117345_n.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all again. But no-more pets until we are totally settled down. Too hard of a heartbreak when this takes place. Now we can take the husbands Harley out for weekends. I'll be getting my Road King real soon, so I'll be zoom-zoom-zoom also. I can't take trips to go see my 3 sons after I move to Wyoming. I have a bestest friend in Michigan I an go see, and a sister on Long Island to go see also. And my mother-in law here in Florida whom will be 90 next week. So it's just the healing process and then getting this Florida home leased out so I can go to my new brand new home waiting for me with my husband in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I have been getting a lot of phone calls from friends and family and they talk of the funny or sweet things Missy did while they were around her, and that is a big help for me. Blessings to all ....and to anyone whom has an older or ailing pet, I know and feel your pain and sadness. You are in my thoughts and I am just a message away if you want to talk.

I am sorry. I inherited both of my Moms pets when she passed. A dog and a cat. The cat is dying from renal failure but he is 15 now. Its killing me watching him decline but he is not suffering. He is a 3 legged cat at that. I just had some fatty tissue removed from my dog under his arm. Non cancerous. They say if you want to know true love lock your pet and your significant other in the trunk of your car for one hour and open the trunk and see who is glad to see you. Hope you smiled and sorry for your loss. Get a road king and ride. Great machine. I have a Harley Fat Boy dressed and love it just wish I had one more hwy gear. Be safe and keep it between the mustard and the mayo.
Respectfully,
TnMtns

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains- Thank you for your kindness also. That is funny that you told me about true love and locking your pet and significant other in a trunk. I was thinking of that last night and was going to add it to this thread. I wish your companions well. As you will see at the end of this note, my husbands Harley. We love to ride. It does have interchangeable seats, another one with a backrest and more comfortable for me, and saddlebags to use when needed. Looking forward to getting my Road King with tremendous excitement! Be safe on all your rides~

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry. I inherited both of my Moms pets when she passed. A dog and a cat. The cat is dying from renal failure but he is 15 now. Its killing me watching him decline but he is not suffering. He is a 3 legged cat at that. I just had some fatty tissue removed from my dog under his arm. Non cancerous. They say if you want to know true love lock your pet and your significant other in the trunk of your car for one hour and open the trunk and see who is glad to see you. Hope you smiled and sorry for your loss. Get a road king and ride. Great machine. I have a Harley Fat Boy dressed and love it just wish I had one more hwy gear. Be safe and keep it between the mustard and the mayo.
Respectfully,
TnMtns
I had to LOL...Just reminded of the old....come home after last call at 2am & see who is happy to see you...Wife or dog!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread