apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never ordered or asked for a bag of halves. Not sure what the procedure is. Is a bag ordered? Or, is a bag off of a machine? I have only ordered boxes of halves. Seems folks have a bit more luck with halves from bags. Your comments???

Thanks!
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
The machines around here reject all silver, slugs, and foreign coins back to the customer. Bags are clean and not worth taking. Boxes have been slow too.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do 99% bags from the machine. See my post earlier today for my totals on half dollars from a bag. I very seldom order boxes and when I have I very very very rarely get silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
I have never ordered or asked for a bag of halves. Not sure what the procedure is. Is a bag ordered? Or, is a bag off of a machine? I have only ordered boxes of halves. Seems folks have a bit more luck with halves from bags. Your comments???

Thanks!
apush :read2:

I can't get them around here anymore, but when I could, bags were the best. Some banks have their own counters in the back room. Some banks just have the tellers break down rolls towards the end of the day,and put the coins in bags,which are shipped off when they are full. Then you have the bags off the coin counters.
There are coin counters that reject silver.
I would simply ask the vault teller for a bag of halves.
You might try dimes bags too. Never had a great score with the dime bags, but never skunked on one.
I've tried quarter bags. Best bag had 9 keepers. Most were skunks or 1-2 keepers.
Did one nickel bag, and almost went blind. Plus I can't sit that long looking at each coin. Found keepers but it was not worth it.
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread