waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted my finds from a half dollar bag earlier. among that bag was a 1962 Proof Franklin and 8 Proof Clad Kennedy half dollars.

From a dime bag I checked today I only pulled 4 silver dimes but one was a 1999S SILVER proof. another was a beautiful 1955S Roosevelt.

Also in the dime bag was a 1918 Canadian 5 cent coin which is also silver.

In order to have room on my desk to search the half dollars I had to first finish up a bag of cents I had dumped there last night. I found 5 proof cents from the 60's and a 1965 cent that looks like it came from a SMS. And if that wasn't enough there were 6 super nice wheat cents in addition to the normal allotment of wheat cents I typically get from a bag.

Attachments

• silver dimes april 6.JPG
    silver dimes april 6.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 1918 canadian 5 cent.JPG
    1918 canadian 5 cent.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 434
  • lincoln proofs.JPG
    lincoln proofs.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 432
  • nice wheats.JPG
    nice wheats.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job!!! I have found lots of proof half's & dimes but never ever came across proof pennies- letalone proof Wheaties!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
golden silver said:
Wow that 1955 s is a good find. One of the hardest in the set to get.

Golden Silver

You're right GS, the '55s is tough to find. But from that year, it is the easiest of the three (mintage-wise). Go figure. That probably explains why I've found the '55d and '55s; but not the '55p (yet).

Oh well, that's why they call it hunting. 8)

Awesome finds there seeker, and thanks for sharing ! And you're quite correct, you're 1918 Canadian nickel is sterling (.925) silver.

http://www.coinscan.com/technical/canasp.html

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great finds. The wheat cents are in really beautiful condition. Nice photos too! Thanks for sharing them with us.
rileyboy

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
Awesome job!!! I have found lots of proof half's & dimes but never ever came across proof pennies- letalone proof Wheaties!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The wheat's aren't proof, just very very nice ones. Probably were put up in a holder for years

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It helps that I live on the left coast. I tend to find a higher percentage of S mints in everything I search, since that is where they were circulated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread