Bags, boxes and solid rolls

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pickup bank called me to let me know that my order was in and they had sent two more bags. Canvas bags have been good to me, plastic not so much. I have found out that the past 2 plastic bags came from another member here on the forum and was able to confirm it with him. Go figure, he is over 100 miles from me in another state and dumps to a different carrier and somehow my bank carrier dragged in two of his bags in the past week. I asked the teller if the bags were plastic and she said they were. This got me bummed knowing it most likely was another dump. The teller also mentioned that a guy had brought in two boxes of halves and asked me if I wanted those. Knowing this was a dump but figuring I would do them a favor so they wouldnt have to ship them I told her to save them for me. Well I had to dump some clad to get the 3k I needed to do the pickup, went to a new CU branch and found out they have a free coinstar machine for members. Not just a coin sorter but a named Coinstar machine. This thing holds a lot more than other coin sorters I have seen around here. Anywho, as I pull up, grandma and grandpa are slowly walking in the front door. I walk in, and low and behold they have 3 bags of coins to dump into the machine. ONE COIN AT A TIME...... 20 minutes later I dump my clad and get the cash. I am a little short so I head accross the street to another bank I keep money in and do a withdrawl. I asked about halves and the teller says the girl on the end has some and goes and get a roll. She proceedes to rip open the roll and pour them out on the counter to count them. Solid roll... Did the exchange and headed out the door. Checked them while heading over to my other bank and they are a solid roll of 40%'s. Made me pretty happy since silver has been slow in CWR's lately. I get to my other bank and wait in line and step up to pick up my bags. Well a nice supprise is they are canvas not plastic. I am holding out hope these are good. The boxes are Loomis boxes with some carrier wrapped and CWR's mixed in. It looks like the guy opened about half of them and decided it was not worth it and left the others in their original wrappers. I figure they are not going to give up much silver but what the heck, if they are in original rolls there is a chance. There was only $960 in the box so i guess he did find something and held out $40 worth. I will crack open some of the canvas tonight and report on what they look like. I think Rich is right, people are cashing in silver for X-mas. Happy Hunting...

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
People certainly are cashing in their silver left and right. Every teller around here has been telling me that. They say it's like a Christmas bonus for them.

Good luck on the bags !

HH
Rich

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canvas Bag #1 - Skunk

Opened the other one but didnt have time to sort it but doesnt look much better. We shall see.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Rich Hartford said:
People certainly are cashing in their silver left and right. Every teller around here has been telling me that. They say it's like a Christmas bonus for them.

Good luck on the bags !

HH
Rich

Happens every year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread