Baldwin county alabama

mr.meaner

Greenie
Jan 24, 2013
Hi, I am new to metal detecting and I was wondering if there are any areas in baldwin county Alabama that I can hunt without needing permission or that isn't illegal. I want to hunt but I am scared of going where I am not supposed to. Everything I have read seems to point to trouble if not careful so some insight from some experienced hunters in the area would be great and much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

..... I am scared of going where I am not supposed to....

To determine where you're "not supposed to" hunt, all you need to do is determine if there is any rules, codes, laws, etc.... in whatever entity it is you have in mind, that say "no metal detecting". If no such rule, code, or law exists, then ......... there you go. No "needing permission" any-more-so than thinking you need permission to fly a frisbee.

But of course, the hobby carries connotations (that you might leave a mess, etc..). I mean, let's face it: we're in an odd hobby that draws curious on-lookers. So avoid such lookie-lou busybodies, and choose low traffic times. And avoid obvious sensitive historic monuments. But for your normal run-of-mill city and county parks, school yards, etc.... no, no permission needed, unless there were some rule saying so. And all such rules must be available for public viewing somewhere, that you can look up. City website, or on-the-desk at city hall in binder form, etc... If you see nothing saying no metal detectors, presto, there's your answer. Look it up for yourself, rather than asking someone "can I do such & such?".

Nugget Hunter Smith

Jun 18, 2010
Mobile, AL
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a metal detecting club in Mobile that meets on Febuary 5th in Tillman Corner. Check us out on www.sahrara.com
The website has a map link to get you to Golden Corral.
We can help answer your questions!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread