Bank cut off. But not before one last score.

Modern Day Miner

May 10, 2010
Denver
I was picking up my last boxes of halves from a bank I have been going to for about 2 years. They told me last week that they would have to start charging me for my coins that I pick up. So I said thanks but no thanks. I will just take these last boxes and that will be it. They do have a coin counting machine so they will become one of my dump banks. But anyway going through the boxes they started out pretty average. I would get 5 or 6 40s and a couple of 90s. Then I saw this rim that had no reeding left on it and I thought, it can't be, but sure enough. My 2nd Barber. I have been CRH for almost 3 years now and have only found 2 barbers. it seems kind of like a going away present from the CRH gods. Any way thats it happy hunting out there.

MDM

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! :icon_thumleft:

If my average box was 5-6 40% and a couple of 90%ers, I would consider paying the fee unless it was outrageous. I'll buy those boxes for $3-$5 a pop all day long.

OP
OP
M

Modern Day Miner

May 10, 2010
Denver
No.... Those totals were for the 3 boxes I had gone through. This bank was very hit and miss. I got many a skunk box from them.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I get it...CUT off/Barber. I really had to look for the cheese this time.

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great way to close out your last box order from that bank! Now they can take all your dumps!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that would be sweet to find a barber. That sure was a nie find. Congs hope your next bank is as good to your as the last....Matt

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
wow!!! awesome score!!! i would LOVE to find a barber!!! dime, quarter, or half!!! any is fine w/ me...im not picky :laughing9:
keep it up and hh!

Felixaaron

Jan 1, 2011
I think if my banks cut me off, I will order 10 boxes for my final order and dump all ten a few days later. At this point I just go in with a big smile, ask them about their days, and give chocolate. I hope the day doesn't come for a long time.

Congrats on the barber. I have found only 1 ever and it was a dime. Im actually still waiting for my first walking liberty.

Good way to close the doors with that bank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread