What a nice roadtrip today - Silver heavy

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed out early this morning with a list of about 25 banks to hit. Almost halfway through I hadn't even gotten a clad half, let alone any silver. On route to my next stop I saw a Pathmark supermarket that had a bank branch inside of it, so I decided to give it a look. The male teller only had one half (clad), but the female teller overheard me and said she had 2 rolls that she forgot to include in yesterday's coin pick up (lucky me). She also mentioned they had been in her drawer a while. I bought them from her, and when I got in the car I found both rolls had 16 silvers and 4 clads each. ;D It broke down to two Franklins (1952 and 1954), four 1964s, and 26 40%ers.

But there's more.

At my second to last stop I was second on line waiting for a teller, and I noticed that the older gentleman in line in front of me had a heart box of candy in his hands. I thought "oh great he's gonna give them chocolate and ask for halves." When he got to the teller he did give her the heart, but just did a deposit. When I got to the teller I asked for halves and she had $98 worth so I took them all. As I stepped aside to count my change the woman in line behind me stepped up and I overheard her ask for halves and the teller told her "I just gave them all to him" (meaning me). It turns out I thought the hunter was in line in front of me (the older man), but the hunter was actually behind me (thank goodness). Inside that $98 worth of halves were 35 40%ers. ;D

So in total today I recovered:

2 - Franklins
4 - 1964
1 - 1965
32 - 1967
21 - 1968
7 - 1969

Rileyboy is right when he says it's out there.

HH

Nick

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a full time job? Well other than the shoe store...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scores CnC and a great read too!!! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never did a road trip like that. So here is few quick questions. 1st do you go in and ask for rolls and then go to your car to look thur them. 2nd after you go thur your rolls do you tke them back into the same bank before you go to the next one. Or do you take them to another bank and then ask for more......Matt

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
mlayers said:
I never did a road trip like that. So here is few quick questions. 1st do you go in and ask for rolls and then go to your car to look thur them. 2nd after you go thur your rolls do you tke them back into the same bank before you go to the next one. Or do you take them to another bank and then ask for more......Matt

Hold on to them till you run out of cash, and dump all at 1 dump bank. Never dump where u just bought cause the next time they see you, you'll not be gettin no halves.

OP
OP
CardsNCoins

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
Do you have a full time job? Well other than the shoe store...

I do. Thank goodness it's one that affords me extra time for my family first and foremost, but also things like this great hobby of ours.

HH

Nick

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score Nick, gotta love those rode trips :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

EastKyMiner