Banks are getting crazy

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Tried getting 100.00 in nickels and 25.00 in pennies and got told to go scratch. Manger said they had a meeting and they can't sell large quanities of coin to retail customers. Says there is no reason to have that amount of change. When I asked how much I could buy he said only a few rolls of each. LOL what a joke

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell him we had a meeting and I decided to withdraw my funds along with a few of my friends. This is because big banks dont need the money.
Hope it works out for you.

admrose

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Berks County
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't tolerate being spoken to like that if I were an account holder at that bank. My bank has always been very courteous and cooperative with me.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen this a couple times now.. Sounds like it is time to turn it into a good old fashioned dump bank..

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a smoke screen. Go up the ladder, if you are indeed a customer. and it's not hard to be a customer.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes check back and talk to someone else. If I get crap again, I dump a lot there. After all, I have no business having that much coin. They would be better caretakers than I.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, if they don't have enough coins to sell you, you could always give them so many coins that they would have to PAY to get rid of them ;)
I have seen this a couple times now.. Sounds like it is time to turn it into a good old fashioned dump bank..

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really seems like that bank is having a hard time getting coin from their delivery company. Maybe you should help them out with that.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
When this happens I normally go up the ladder and call corporate to let them know Johnny is running the back like his personal piggy bank. Did that last night, I was told every branch can run things the way they want. So I'm calling the manager today.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
When this happens I normally go up the ladder and call corporate to let them know Johnny is running the back like his personal piggy bank. Did that last night, I was told every branch can run things the way they want. So I'm calling the manager today.
There are plenty of banks, why not just move on to the next one? Seems like a waste of time to fight with 1 bank when you seem to be an area with tons of banks.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
There are plenty of banks, why not just move on to the next one? Seems like a waste of time to fight with 1 bank when you seem to be an area with tons of banks.

Bad not to nip it in the bud. If you let banks get away with that kinda hot garbage it will come back to bite you. By time you know it you got five local banks all making up there own rules out of shear laziness

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad not to nip it in the bud. If you let banks get away with that kinda hot garbage it will come back to bite you. By time you know it you got five local banks all making up there own rules out of shear laziness

My instinct is you're doing a service to the rest of us. Personally I would rather move on than have to go buy my coins awkwardly, so I owe it to others who keep their standards high. As long as it's done professionally so we as CRHs don't look bad

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Should have claimed you were the new union rep for the tellers at the bank meeting; and the manager would have had a heart attack, let you attend the meeting, AND of given you your boxes.

only thing left to do now is:
fill
the
vault
up
every
cubic
foot. Dump like theirs no tomorrow. Make matters worse by spraying cologne all over the coins, so they have a filled, stinky vault. make sure you write on wrappers DO NOT SEND BACK TO (Coin carrier of the bank) IE, DUNBAR. So they will be stuck with them. Make it even worse, by ALREADY SEARCHED, SILVER FREE, on the other side, C/H/R'ers won't buy them out. This is horrible service, especially considering you have an account with them. I at the very least, expect this to be a dump bank, and if you do not wish to return, please post what bank it was, and I'm certain members on Tnet, will be more than happy to dump during hours of operation.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very bad customer service from them, but I"m finding banks don't really want to deal with ....gasp.....coins.

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I do my real normal banking at chase and I'm opening a savings account at PNC who has a coin machine.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand all these people saying to dump lots of coins on them. In my area banks will just refuse to accept my deposits or demand a $5-10 fee per box. One demands $0.25 per roll. Some have even refused to allow me to deposit rolled coins into my accounts with them.

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thripp said:
I don't understand all these people saying to dump lots of coins on them. In my area banks will just refuse to accept my deposits or demand a $5-10 fee per box. One demands $0.25 per roll. Some have even refused to allow me to deposit rolled coins into my accounts with them.

Is this a major bank? I guess I'm spoiled I can dump most coins on my job

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

The last bank that did this to me, I threatened to call customer support right on the spot. I told them I know names of the mangers of (branch 1) (2) (3) (4), and they don't have a problem with me depositing coins. If I was not a member at the bank, I'd walk away, but since I'm a member, I'm entitled to use the bank's services as stated. Nowhere in the signing-up of my account, was it stipulated that fee's are required for deposit or exchange of rolled coins. They do not have the right to make up false fee's right on the spot, and by brandishing false fee's, they can potentially get themselves into big legal trouble, or fired by the bank.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bank (one with over 20 branches) close my account when I dumpped ONE box on them. Three days after the dump I got a letter stating that my account had been closed and a check for what I had in the account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread