Banksia

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi guys i was in the bush looking for some ruins which i know are supposed to be there but did not come across them so i took a photo of this Banksia tree flower which looked very attractive,
These trees are native trees in West Australia my home state,if you want to know more about them i have put in this link for you . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksia_menziesii
Ended up walking throught the bush for over an hr without coming across anything . :'(

Attachments

• 1 (829 x 614).jpg
    1 (829 x 614).jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 235

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colorful and unusual...I see a couple different exotic looking plants in the photo. Looks like a good place for photographers. :icon_sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep snapping those great shots and I will look! They are beautiful! You live in a beautiful spot !

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"i was in the bush looking for some ruins which i know are supposed to be there"

What kind of ruins are you looking for? If they are something that might be visible, try Google Earth...amazing how much can be found from a computer. :icon_study:

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi guys thanks for looking and your comments.
Red_desert thanks mate i have been using google earth since it came out and it has found me a few good spots.
the place i was searching for was the first settlement in West Aus it only lasted a short while and they moved on from there,was about 500 people there in the early 1800's.
Thanks for your suggestion.. :thumbsup: Raoul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread