pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gee after months of having nobody getting a Banner we now have new additions.

What made it?

A beach hunt of 5oz. of silver-not rare-not old-but put the make of the detector in the title-so that gets folks looking.
37 votes is under the 60 requirement
But getting that amount of silver finds is a rarity.

The next one I question as it seems that there isn't a lot to the post.
Just a over a line of going out on a short hunt-in a potato field.
Hammered silver short cross-been posted up before-yet no banners given out.

Yet this average post up giving no real details-gets a Banner.
It seems once again that it makes one wonder if they just pull the banners out of a hat.

Reading the criteria of how a banner is obtained-I wonder why the single hammered gets it.
50 votes is under the 60 requirement.

I have seen rarer silvers dug that got over the required votes-great story line-the actual worth is not a couple
$100 in value, but more like +$5000 in value-yet no Banner.
Then again it seems that this magical 60+ vote isn't a requirement any longer either, looking at newest 4 banners.
(must of dreamt this number up)

Gold coins that are over 2000 yrs old, rare, yet they don't make Banner.

Rare relics posted up-yet they get passed over as well

Yes the readership can post many examples of what they believe should of made it up there on the banner.
But that's not our place-nor our choice

I would like to read "WHY" the hammered silver got a banner (Yes it's a good recovery and old) but that's about it.

Things like this makes the readership go :icon_scratch:to the point where many have just brushed the whole site off as a total:laughing7:
Yes we know we can't ?? the inner workings of the ones that make these choices but it sure makes many wonder.

But anywho congrats to all that have made it up there recently. :occasion14:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I want to know is just how many hunts it took to get the 5 ounces of silver !! That number of hunts would make a difference in my vote !!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the banner finds? Since we have the new system and don’t vote anymore the banners seem to have dried up. Last one posted was Aug.
Last one is August? I'm not sure where you are looking but there were 4 banners in October.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the current standards for banner are based on abuse of banner system in past, in the past some members were campaigning for banner, texting friends and other members asking them to go vote for their post, members were buying items then posting them as current finds they made in order to make banner. Members were posting finds their friends made as theirs since their friend was not a member.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Anyone Interested.
I Will NOT Read these Threads , As they May effect my decisions on what is Worthy & What is Not !

Though Votes are Helpful, They are not the final decision.
& neither is asking for Banner.

Also Please don't Clean your Finds Before Taking a Picture !
Perfectly Cleaned Finds Don't Cut it With Me !

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know if anyone works for a living or they are blessed with retirement but some of us do work and what the moderators do here if for free. We deal with things here for not even a stinckin Lincoln. Lol
I see many astounding finds here so many that I hesitate or find time to post even my own.
We are humbled and appreciate everyone's help and votes. We actually do try to be attentive but often get distracted with the dis-tractors blowing up threads.
Thanks we will as life permits try to do a good job.
TnMtns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread