Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
WELL THIS AT LEAST SHOULD GET A HONORABLE MENTION ::) WHILE DRIVING BACK HOME AND THINKING ABOUT WHERE
MY NEXT DIG WILL TAKE PLACE, I NOTICED A MOOSE DOWN IN THE DITCH WITH A FEW VOLTURES PECKING AT IT AS IF THERE WAS NO TOMMOROW, SCANNING FOR ON COMMING TRAFFIC AND NOT THINKING ANY MORE ABOUT THE ROAD SIDE DINNER, UP FLEW A MEMBER OF THE FLYING GARBORATER FAMILY AND MANAGED TO HITCH A RIDE ON MY MIRROR.

WELL LET ME TELL YOU, I HAVE NEVER HAD A BALD HEADED RED NECK FLYING GARBORATER HITCH A RIDE LIKE THAT BEFORE, AND IT TOTALY CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE! THINKING THE DARN THING HAD EXPIRED AND WOULD EVENTUALY FALL OFF AND NO WHERE TO PULL OFF TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, I KEPT DRIVING . NOW THIS IS CANADA WHERE
WILDLIFE IS ABUNDANT AND NO SHOULDERS ON THE HIGHWAYS UP NORTH TO PULL OFF ON, WHILE LOOKING FOR A SPOT
I GLANCED OVER AT MY MIRROR HITCH HIKER AND NOTICED THAT HE WAS LOOKING BACK AT ME AS IF TO SAY "I'L GET OFF NOW BUD". I FOUND A SPOT WHERE THE PLOWS DO THERE TURN AROUNDS AND PULLED OVER. NOW THIS BIRD WAS ALIVE AND HUNG UP AND WANTED OFF!! I GOT MY PIN PULLER OUT AND MY CAMERA, WHO WOULD BELIEVE THIS AND I HAD TO GET A SHOT. AFTER A FEW PIC'S, AND WITH THE AID OF MY PIN PULLER, THE BEAST WAS FREE AND TO MY UTTER AMASEMENT, FLEW OFF :o

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 521

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Well, Hardy, your experience takes the cake! I enjoyed your narrative and the photos were to die for, oops, to fly off for! Thanks for sharing and that looks like a nice rig you're driving. Do you carry a detector with you?

Silver Fox

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
YES BUD, I HAVE 2 DETECTORS IN THE TRUCK, NEVER KNOW WHEN I GET TO A GOOD SPOT :coffee2:

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ooops! Straight out of a cartoon or something. That's amazing he survived. :o

Speaking of cartoons.............. :D ;D :wink:

yosemite1-1.gif

Be safe on the road, Hardly! :)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy, that image is incredible!

A "decisive moment" like that is what every photographer hopes to capture.

Neat!

cameraman

Jun 10, 2008
central mn
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Let me tell ya what im a wildlife photographer and ive never caught a picture like that...and probably never will, good job!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh my aren't they creepy looking birds...thank heavens YOU didnt have the window opened, YOU may of be brunch for it... oh yuck.... LOL is was a great story thou.. wipes sweat off face n says, oh thank you that I am not the only one that has weird stuff happen. I AM NOT ALONE...PHEW

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Hardy does your mirror say - Objects are closer than they appear ?

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Now that's a big bird.... The biggest bird I ever hit was a little black bird... Darn thing hit my windshield and flew about 25 feet in the air... I saw it land in my rear view mirror. He didn't fly away.....

Glad to hear the one you hit flew away... Or the one that hit you! I guess!! Nice storywith a happy ending.... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
GOOD ONE "A.A" HAD ME LAUGHING . AND NO IT DOES NOT SAY THAT ON THE MIRROR, BUT IT SHOULD :icon_jokercolor:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
well that dont happen everyday! i guess it wasnt that buzzards day to go!

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
i am going to try to find a scanner and then post a few more old pics of a time when i caught buzzard in my back yard, it was injured

and was given to the natural resources boys, the pics where on a 35 mm camera back then. I was a heck lot younger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread