Barber, 2 first with one find.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the test I had to see if the pics would load first and then got interupted, but here goes.

Well I killed two firsts with one find today. I could hardly believe my eyes. This was my first silver find after almost 2 years of MDing and my first Barber coin. I finally broke the silver drought after finding almost $600 in clad, 20 or 30 Wheaties, and a host of rings and jewelery. WOW was I pumped. She not the prettiest barber I have ever seen but she's mine. As I swung the MD it gave a dime reading and I could not believe I did not have to dig it. It was laying in the dirt with about 1/3 showing and the other 2/3's slightly covered with dirt. I first thought it was a discolored zinc penny and when I got a good look at it WOW. Enjoyed rescuing it from whatever fate awaited it. Hope the pics are ok, took several times of loading to the site to get it right.

HH to all, and thanks for looking in advance.

fccdfed

Attachments

• DSC09068.JPG
    DSC09068.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC09073.JPG
    DSC09073.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking Barber dime! :thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS :wav:

A semi-key low mintage date too!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Barber, nice find!!

HH, Ringfinder

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's a lot of coins to find before you got your first silver. I waited about that long before I found my first gold ring back in the 70's. You sure found a nice one for it being your first. Congrats :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
WTG brother Ed,

Welcome to the silver club :thumbsup: She may be a bit dirty and in need of a good scrub but she is pretty.

Keep hitting those old spots in your area, Allot of history in there dating back to the mid 1850's.

Congrats! See you in church tomorrow :wink:
Paul (Ca)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread