Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday I hit a small patch of dirt they scraped at an old park. I quickly found a couple wheats, 10 minutes into the hunt dug a Barber dime! Managed to get 7 wheats total and some trinkets, including my second ring (junk and broken). That night I used the last few minutes of light to dig three targets on the largely unexplored (for me) median strip in front of my house that runs the length of the street (about a mile). Got 2 pieces of trash and a penny. When I got inside I found the penny was a 1909 wheat!

Retuned to the park today and went over the dirt again plus I ventured out into the grass a little bit. Didn't find anything worth mentioning. I also again dug a couple targets in the median strip with the last light of the day and only found clad...

I know theres more good stuff at that park (I found a few old relics there before in an earlier phase of construction). Found the Barber an inch or two down in the lowest point of the scraped dirt. What kills me is I missed out on the biggest phase of construction they did there. That was a much larger area and would have been cleared to the depth I found the barber. Anyway, this spring the city is completely redoing a HUGE playscape in the oldest park in town. I'm just hoping they don't completely fence the dig off.....

IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0943.JPG

Upvote 13
Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice little pile of filthy lucre. That Barber dime in the middle really gussies up the collection of pennies.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One nice 1910 Barber dime and still has great detail - congrats to you on your Barber dime - wheaties and other finds, thanks for sharing your pictures and good report with us & I wish you many more great treasures while out dirt fishin with your ACE 250.

Texas ED

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squirrel, congrats, nice stuff! Funny thing, at our fairgrounds, we're delegate to the PARKING area only...they won't let us hunt anywhere else there, the average age of the fair board members is just north of 100 years old, and very set in their ways...anyways, we've pounded the parking LOT to death, and one morning on the way to work, I can make out some dirt piles in the parking lot...I stop on my way home, they've dug a ditch and piled the dirt up. While I found nothing in the ditch, I got a solid 83 at one of the piles...and pulled out a very nice 1908 Barber dime...my first! That was last year but your post took me back there...thx, ddf

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds! That Barber is sweet!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the city they don't play. They fence everything and even if its not fenced the cops could go crazy on you. Its very frustrating because there are a ton of old schools being revamped in my city but they are fenced from before they bull doze until after they sod. Many are locked all the time the grounds are only accessible thru the front door. I hate missing construction. Its the last bastion of good stuff on public property.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
3RD PIC . PRETTY NEET RING FIND .

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the dime a wheats I live in A@ MI and yes they always fence off the schools I did go into one and wore a yellow shirt so I looked like a worker trying to find a water pipe LOL at least I tried to play the part but wasn't to comfortable doing it and only found clad. Thanks for the cool post!!!!@

OP
OP
Squirrel322

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller two parks that received new playscapes this year did not get fenced. I missed the boat when they did the one I found this barber at, its probably the 2nd oldest park in town. We will see about the big project I mentioned that they have planned for spring. The local U fences all of their construction....

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice hunt. Great finds. I love the barber and the ring is cool as well!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread