Barber Half, IH and a Silver Naked Lady

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't believe my good fortune today when I happen to see someone on a piece of land I have wanted to hunt for a long time. Talked to him for quite away about the history of the place and asked if anyone had ever detected it. He said he's owned it for 10 yrs and as far as he knew nobody ever had. He commented that he used to detect years ago and never thought of trying the place. This site dates back over 100 yrs and its heyday ran up to about the great depression. I had less than an hour to detect but I wanted to get out there before he realizes the potential and hunts it himself. He watched me pull out the silver naked lady thing and all he said was he hopes I have fun out there. Thankfully he left because just a few sweeps later I pulled out a 1900 O Barber half.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 767
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0
Wow what a nail biter especially since he said he use to detect himself, oh well I hope you find lots of good things out there and hey very nice finds too :headbang: :headbang:

Nice finds there...if you get to go back,
you should find more silver. Congrats on
the Barber Half. Gold Nuggets :hello:

congrats on the big Silver, and having no snow.

Where's the pic of the naked lady ::) :laughing7: Nice score. Hope it doesn't turn into one of those things where the owner watches you and then runs you off because he thinks you might find a cache ::)

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe he has an old radio shack detector............ I quit on that one!

I had a naked lady it got stolen her on breast wasn't covered very nice valuable find especially in the ground grandpa gave me mine and my cousin stole it they say he didn't but he told me he did it so I whipped his A@@ and went home he never talked to me again... He is probably still pouting over the whipping but dad gave me one when I got home. How news travels in a small town ... LOL Nice finds on everything just don't give the owner the whole picture just bits and pieces. Tell him your not finding much and show him some dimes. It's not lying just isn't disclosing more than you have to is all. HH :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back