Barber on my first dig!!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hello everyone,Got up and out earrrly this morning in hopes of beating the rain to my site.Although the finds are few and far between, my "new" old fairground keeps givin' up the goodies.I decided to try an area that is close to where I've been finding the good stuff but haven't done more than a quick swing through because it is an area that has been bushhogged and there are alot of short sapling stumps that a concentric coil gets hung up on constantly so it's really hard detecting.I had not gone more than ten feet and I got a good hit.There is an ATV trail that runs along side this area and I had previously found some clad along it so I figured it was probably more of the same.I dug a plug and out popped a blackened disc and once again I thought it was just a clad quarter,once again I wiped acrossed it with my thumb and once again bam there it was,another barber quarter!!It is an 1895P!I thought to myself,this is going to be a good morning.I swung a little more and came up with a 1919 wheatie and then along the ATV trail I came up with a few modern coins and then the rain moved in.I went home happy as a pig in $#!+ with my first dig of the day being a barber quarter.Thanks for reading and best of luck to all!! Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-851F.JPG
    MVC-851F.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 604
  • MVC-852F.JPG
    MVC-852F.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 598
  • MVC-853F.JPG
    MVC-853F.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 598
  • MVC-854F.JPG
    MVC-854F.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Somewhere in Maine, your dreams are living, gonna find them all again. Nice dig boot!

Blackened? In the pines or near the coast?

Way to go!.............HH

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Thanks for the replies all!I agree w/you Capt. you can do what you want with the coins YOU found,whatever makes them most appealing to your eye or purposes.Most silver coins don't need anymore than a run under the tap in warm water and a light rubbing when most of the gunk has washed off to be good enough for me.Hey MEinWV,nice guess,not in the pines like the last one I did the same thing to but probably within 25 feet of the pines,guess I learned a lesson about that area.Good to hear from ya Mainedigger!It was just a little drizzly when I got up but a baggy takes care of that for my machine.Well,It's a beeeautiful day, sun's shinin' hard,think I'll get back out there this afternoon!Thanks again everyone, HH Bootstrap PS. GOOOOO SOX!!!!

JJS NEW ENGLAND

Jun 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER SE-- B.H LEGACY 3300 WITH 11 INCH DD COIL
STILL LOOKING FOR MY FIRST BARBER. GREAT FIND.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread