Barbers wait for those who persist !!

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Pulled this nice one from an old dump site that I've now hunted at least 43 times since Feb. '08, according to my notes. I have 'given up' on this site more times than I can remember, but because it is conveniently located, I'll hit it now and then when I have spare time. Sometimes I'll go 3 hours here without a keeper. Last night, I got this Barber and a '21-S wheat. The Barber ID was pretty bad on the F75, because of nearby iron, but it SOUNDED GOOD in 2F tones. Persist, people! :headbang:
PA110011.jpg

PA110012.jpg

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Barbers wait for those who persist

I've been trying pretty hard & no luck yet :wink: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used

A Barber would be a pretty tough one for you, heh? (assuming from your Union Jack you're across the pond?) That would be like me digging a hammered silver over here. :laughing9:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ziphius said:
A Barber would be a pretty tough one for you, heh? (assuming from your Union Jack you're across the pond?) That would be like me digging a hammered silver over here. :laughing9:

Although both are possible in this crazy world that is detecting. I know several hammered dug from the US. Keep looking :wink: ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

CRUSADER said:
ziphius said:

Although both are possible in this crazy world that is detecting. I know several hammered dug from the US. Keep looking :wink: ;D

Remember your v-nickel Cru :wink:

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
ziphius said:

Hey, I'm just flattered to have two guys from The Empire check in for a Barber dime! :hello:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

ziphius said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
ziphius said:

Hey, I'm just flattered to have two guys from The Empire check in for a Barber dime! :hello:

I look at and read most posts! I like that though "The Empire" :D

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used

I used to be married to a Brit, so I know all about the sun never setting on the British Empire. :laughing9:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

ziphius said:
I used to be married to a Brit, so I know all about the sun never setting on the British Empire. :laughing9:

It's getting very dark here :D

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Sweet barber! You are, of course, right on the money. Persistence is indeed the name of this game.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice looking barber there congrats.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Hi Jim,

Yeah...you really did find the "sweet" spot at that location. An awesome find! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Just goes to show you that persistence pays off. Congrats!

HH Joe

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled this nice one from an old dump site that I've now hunted at least 43 times since Feb. '08, according to my notes. I have 'given up' on this site more times than I can remember, but because it is conveniently located, I'll hit it now and then when I have spare time. Sometimes I'll go 3 hours here without a keeper.

I think more newbies on Tnet should read your post. Sometimes when they see all the stuff being found, they think they just go to a site and should find good coins every time. When their digs don't meet these expectations, they quit the hobby.

I bet you'll always appreciate that Barber more because of how much work and raw persistence it took to find it! I used to hunt a site that was seemingly so barren that I think I only ever found 1 wheat penny there. Well I didn't even hunt it 43 times, maybe more like 20. I bet it still holds a couple coins.

Congrats again.

HH
Rusted

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Rusted_Iron said:
Pulled this nice one from an old dump site that I've now hunted at least 43 times since Feb. '08, according to my notes. I have 'given up' on this site more times than I can remember, but because it is conveniently located, I'll hit it now and then when I have spare time. Sometimes I'll go 3 hours here without a keeper.

I think more newbies on Tnet should read your post. Sometimes when they see all the stuff being found, they think they just go to a site and should find good coins every time. When their digs don't meet these expectations, they quit the hobby.

I bet you'll always appreciate that Barber more because of how much work and raw persistence it took to find it! I used to hunt a site that was seemingly so barren that I think I only ever found 1 wheat penny there. Well I didn't even hunt it 43 times, maybe more like 20. I bet it still holds a couple coins.

Congrats again.

HH
Rusted

Thanks for sharing your story Rusted_Iron. :thumbsup: Yep, I shudder to think at the number of great finds out there that still remain in the ground because of impatience or a lack of persistence. Really, every find is like winning a mini-lottery. I'm not jaded yet, after 2 years of this. - Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread