Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a Great day,
while i was out scouting an area to do some detecting I seen a yard sale sign that was out an old one lane rd. I thought what the heck,i might as well stop and see what they have and it might be a great way to get some local info.Wow was i glad that i did. The Old place is getting ready to be sold because the owner passed away and the family were wanting to just sale everything so they could get the farm ready for the sale. I was told that i was welcome to just go through the barn and look to see if i would be interested in anything and bring it out and they would price it,plus they had many other things sitting out,that they had already set out from the house and shed.
Anyway,I ended up staying for over 2 hours and bringing different things out and every piece that i showed came with a story of the use when they were kids and how times were back in the day.A neighbor came by and he got in on the stories and history of the past years of the area and it was just like being in school. I was just so relaxed with taking it all in,it was Awesome. I have as much fun talking history as i do bringing it home,so when the opportunity comes when you can bring antiques home with actual stories from the people that made the history is just perfect for me.

Some of my favorite finds that i got was a No: 40 Dazey Butter churn dated Feb.1922,Sessions Mantle Clock,very old hand plow,Milk Can,Crock pots, and than a knife collection,watch collection, lucky strike and tops cigarette tins and many other Great things.

Hope you enjoy,oh and I did get permission to Detect my Site that i was looking for after the holiday,plus picked up a job to find a class ring that has been lost for over 25 yrs which i told them that it would be my honor to look for it,free of charge.

I did ask permission to post this in this forum,I know it's not the Great Finds that are unearthed that We all dream about finding but it is finds that are very hard to get anymore and most of the stuff i got,i had to literly dig it out of the barn from years of storage.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0284.jpg
    100_0284.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 100_0285.jpg
    100_0285.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 100_0282.jpg
    100_0282.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 100_0290.jpg
    100_0290.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • 100_0293.jpg
    100_0293.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,041
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great things you got! Best of luck on finding that class ring. They can be tough to find when they're lost that long ago, but I know you are up to the task.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Good work! Nothing better than exploring an old barn.

I love exploring my father-in-law's barn back in Michigan every time we go there. I'll take a bunch of pics this next time and put some up here.

Jim

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow....those are awesome. Glad the family gave you a little history to go along with them. Makes them that much more special! You did really well by following your instinct!!

HH,
Moon

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
This is better than the great finds we unearth because they are not falling apart from decay. I would love to find a yard sale like this one. I really like the knives. I had one like the one in the top center. It is a sodbuster. One of the best knives I ever owned. In the 1970's we could carry our knives to school to use in ag class until our new principle decided different. I guess he still has it. >:(

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Wow! Great things you got! Best of luck on finding that class ring. They can be tough to find when they're lost that long ago, but I know you are up to the task.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks,The stuff i got was Very cool to get,but the people and the Conversation was Something to enjoy forever.

The class ring will be fun to search for,not my usual kind of hunting,but always wanting to help.

Bill

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT SCORE!! I CAN'T WAIT 2 SEE WHAT U PULL OUT OF THE GROUND IN THAT AREA !! KEEP US POSTED !! MAINERELIC.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
time4me said:
Good work! Nothing better than exploring an old barn.

I love exploring my father-in-law's barn back in Michigan every time we go there. I'll take a bunch of pics this next time and put some up here.

Jim

Thanks,yes it was Awesome looking through layers of History and just thinking how hard times were,but also showing how hard a family worked together to make a lifetime of Happiness.
hope to see your pics when you can.

NT

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RPG said:
This is better than the great finds we unearth because they are not falling apart from decay. I would love to find a yard sale like this one. I really like the knives. I had one like the one in the top center. It is a sodbuster. One of the best knives I ever owned. In the 1970's we could carry our knives to school to use in ag class until our new principle decided different. I guess he still has it. >:(

Thanks,
I missed out on some other knives and some guns,but my money was slim and I was happy with what i was able to get.
The top 3 knives in the pic are made by case,with 2 of them double xx's. the other 3 are from the left to right a old timer,Solingen and a sheffield.

Dang teachers took home alot of good stuff at my school too :tongue3:.

NT

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I forgot to add this pic too.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0289.jpg
    100_0289.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 884

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
That Butter churn brings back memories,when I was a kid visiting my Grandparents my
Grandmother would make my sister and I set and churn until our arms fell off.There isn't
anything better than a homemade biscuit with homemade butter on it.
Congrats on all of your great antiques. :thumbsup:

fortbball9

bushlight

Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250 hanging on the wall,Whites mxt,garrett at pro that the girlfriend uses now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff you have there. That crock reminds me of the one i found many years ago. Found it in an old dump in the woods. My mom still uses it to make pickled green maters, peppers in. Hope you found some good stuff when you detect that place.

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Sweet finds!

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
sounds like a great day! i'm like you- i love to hear the history! i bet they enjoyed telling it, too! glad you had so much fun! and acquired such great antiques!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread