Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a Great day,
while i was out scouting an area to do some detecting I seen a yard sale sign that was out an old one lane rd. I thought what the heck,i might as well stop and see what they have and it might be a great way to get some local info.Wow was i glad that i did. The Old place is getting ready to be sold because the owner passed away and the family were wanting to just sale everything so they could get the farm ready for the sale. I was told that i was welcome to just go through the barn and look to see if i would be interested in anything and bring it out and they would price it,plus they had many other things sitting out,that they had already set out from the house and shed.
Anyway,I ended up staying for over 2 hours and bringing different things out and every piece that i showed came with a story of the use when they were kids and how times were back in the day.A neighbor came by and he got in on the stories and history of the past years of the area and it was just like being in school. I was just so relaxed with taking it all in,it was Awesome. I have as much fun talking history as i do bringing it home,so when the opportunity comes when you can bring antiques home with actual stories from the people that made the history is just perfect for me.

Some of my favorite finds that i got was a No: 40 Dazey Butter churn dated Feb.1922,Sessions Mantle Clock,very old hand plow,Milk Can,Crock pots, and than a knife collection,watch collection, lucky strike and tops cigarette tins and many other Great things.

Hope you enjoy,oh and I did get permission to Detect my Site that i was looking for after the holiday,plus picked up a job to find a class ring that has been lost for over 25 yrs which i told them that it would be my honor to look for it,free of charge.

I did ask permission to post this in this forum,I know it's not the Great Finds that are unearthed that We all dream about finding but it is finds that are very hard to get anymore and most of the stuff i got,i had to literly dig it out of the barn from years of storage.

Nova Treasure

Attachments

• 100_0284.jpg
    100_0284.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 100_0285.jpg
    100_0285.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 100_0282.jpg
    100_0282.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 100_0290.jpg
    100_0290.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 100_0293.jpg
    100_0293.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,042
Upvote 0
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bushlight said:
Nice stuff you have there. That crock reminds me of the one i found many years ago. Found it in an old dump in the woods. My mom still uses it to make pickled green maters, peppers in. Hope you found some good stuff when you detect that place.

Thanks,
I haven't used this Crock pot yet,but i did use the plow to make me 4 rolls in my garden and planted corn and bush beans. It was very Cool to be able to still use it .

Nova Treasure

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
nice stuff you got there Nova... have you checked the watches to see if they was gold??? should be marked on the inside of the case on the back if it is marked....

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Thats the kind of unt this hobbies all about, that butter churn is actually about the best type of churn you could have in value. very nice stuff

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow RS thats stuff is really cool!! congrats
k

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is awesome. You have some great finds. The last time I saw a milk churn like you have was at least 15 years ago.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
creeper71 said:
nice stuff you got there Nova... have you checked the watches to see if they was gold??? should be marked on the inside of the case on the back if it is marked....

Thanks,
I think there just gold plated,The wrist watch is made by citizens and the better of the two pocket watches is a 17 jewel swiss made hunters watch made by Majestine.

Nova Treasure

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Thats the kind of unt this hobbies all about, that butter churn is actually about the best type of churn you could have in value. very nice stuff

Good eye TC,I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. Like you said it is the one out of several that is highly collectable and hard to find.
NT

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
nova treasure said:
creeper71 said:

Thanks,
I think there just gold plated,The wrist watch is made by citizens and the better of the two pocket watches is a 17 jewel swiss made hunters watch made by Majestine.

Nova Treasure
open the back of them an look inside an see if you have any marks in there..might need to use a mag glass to see them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread