Basic signs and symbols you have found

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheez, goverton, YOU are now the champieeeen, graffitti spotter-er-er-er. :laughing7: :coffee2:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
goodyguy
Correct me if I'm wrong please;

An upright triangle could mean the Phallus (male,) fire, or 120 degrees.

An upside down triangle could mean the Challis (female,) water, or 240 degrees.

yea, I , however the degrees are new to me, what do
you think the logic is>? a triangle with 40* degree angles totaling 120*?
...or a random set of angles totaling 120, if so then the common[right triangle] triangle angles would not conform,as they are 60* degree each totaling 180 in compass degrees
that is due south of course, but to get to the 120* that is called an obtuse angle. an angle greater than 90* as I understand it....check out the example..
scalene.gif

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
rangler said:
....yea, I , however the degrees are new to me, what do you think the logic is>? a triangle with 40* degree angles totaling 120*?
...or a random set of angles totaling 120, if so then the common[right triangle] triangle angles would not conform,as they are 60* degree each totalling 180 in compass degrees....

The sum of the interior angles of all triangles equals 180 degrees.
A right triangle is one that contains a 90 degree interior angle with the sum of the two other interior angles equaling 90 degrees in any combination.
A triangle that contains three 60 degree interior angles is an equilateral triangle.
An obtuse triangle contains one interior angle greater than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees.

Ground0

May 18, 2009
The Show Me State
Springfield said:
rangler said:
....yea, I , however the degrees are new to me, what do you think the logic is>? a triangle with 40* degree angles totaling 120*?
...or a random set of angles totaling 120, if so then the common[right triangle] triangle angles would not conform,as they are 60* degree each totalling 180 in compass degrees....

The sum of the interior angles of all triangles equals 180 degrees.
A right triangle is one that contains a 90 degree interior angle with the sum of the two other interior angles equaling 90 degrees in any combination.
A triangle that contains three 60 degree interior angles is an equilateral triangle.
An obtuse triangle contains one interior angle greater than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees.

My understanding of the inference (KGC) is that of a compass heading : South southeast.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hey guys
Here is a picture of a strange and rare spot
Note that the large flat rocks were used as a cover to hide the flint pieces.
This place was used many times over the years , a Spaniard would sit here and make gun flints. We found several that were discarded as well as some that were probably lost after their manufacture. a cool place to see ... enjoy

Attachments

• arrowhead1_040.jpg
    arrowhead1_040.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 395

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Old Dog said:
Hey guys
Here is a picture of a strange and rare spot
Note that the large flat rocks were used as a cover to hide the flint pieces.
This place was used many times over the years , a Spaniard would sit here and make gun flints. We found several that were discarded as well as some that were probably lost after their manufacture. a cool place to see ... enjoy

A Horse without a rider?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Pretty cool. Interesting they would use an eyecatcher for that sort of thing too.

Old Dog! You trying to scare me off the rocks till winter? hehe. I have to say though, pete looks rather beautiful. Make me think of these rocky mountain goat boys I met. Hopping and scampering all over the rocks. I asked them if they had seen any snakes. They thought for a moment.."just one when were were jumping over a smal crevicel ..it was in the crevice - right over there" - and pointed the way I was planning to go.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Naw Kim,
Just advise caution as it gets warmer, these guys will find the small shady areas to crawl in and out of.
Just use common sense and keep your eyes open.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Just a heads up guys,
there may be some new info regarding Alpha/Omega monuments and head monuments as well as profile monuments.
new documents from the archives in Madrid are being worked on as we speak.
What I have right now confirms Kenworthy as far as inbound/outbound trails go.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
not reading about it we jut got copies of docs,
Takes some time to get a loose translation and that is what I am doing now.

all of the documentation seems to do with rules by which to monument a trail.
Cool stuff.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Interestingly enough the first "Royal Rule" for the final map to any site (which was usually in stone) is stated very simply and to the point.

"Both directional markers, and figures (monuments) must be of a verifiable nature.
As such we cannot afford to mistake the work of Mother Nature for that of the King."

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Old Dog said:
Interestingly enough the first "Royal Rule" for the final map to any site (which was usually in stone) is stated very simply and to the point.

"Both directional markers, and figures (monuments) must be of a verifiable nature.
As such we cannot afford to mistake the work of Mother Nature for that of the King."

How timely. This sure sounds like a new, improved 'revisionist' take on the 'King's rules' - eerily similar to rangler's latest monologues.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thom, thanks mucho for the information..wow an exciting time...it will awesome to see what comes out of your hard work on this matter!

Quote from: Old Dog on Today at 07:48:32 AM

As such we cannot afford [loss of our very lives] to mistake the work of Mother Nature[pareidolia] for that of the King."[the codemakers art] - parenthesis mine!

springfield said...'How timely. This sure sounds like a new, improved 'revisionist' take on the 'King's rules' - eerily similar to rangler's latest monologues.'

timely indeed, I dont feel it is 'revisionist' as much as 'archival truth' dug up from the past.

Yes it what I have been saying..maybe eerily to some... but for me it has a ring of confirmation!
thanks for the vote of confidence.
rangler

225px-WInd_Rose_Aguiar.svg.png
the compass rose, a symbol of finding your way...

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
At this point Steve,
I am pretty sure This is the same group of documents that Kenworthy got in 1980.
it is cool however to be able to read the same words he printed.

Kind of good to see that he wasn't keeping too much from us.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
CB,
one thing is certain, trees and brush will grow up over the centuries and cover the signs we hunt.
The reason I like to hunt in the winter is not just because it is cooler. I find I can see more.

I too hunt in semi forested areas, the difference being that my forest doesn't drop it's leaves
My area is all juniper and pine covered. Every place is different and has it's pluses and drawbacks at the same time.

Best advice is to enjoy where you are, there is no place in the world exactly like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions