Basic signs and symbols you have found

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi Chas. Interesting site you have there , and you have a good eye. I'm not sure it is all Spanish..per se. I still have trouble winnowing out what is Spanish, ancient, outlaw, kgc,aztec, Native etc. I a confirmation mark around though. Generally speaking it would indicate to me that one area they want you to look at is that little valley or area up and behind. The one with the stacked rock. This is not necessarily the end point.. but it should provide insight into the overall site..if it is not the end point. Look around for the easy trail back there. Maybe around to the left.

The eye of your crock or bird is quite interesting. :) I've marked a few things that look modified to me. That spoked triangle or possibly a combo letter sign is something I've never seen.

Here are a few things that look interesting to me. It seems to me you have a choice to focus on the front of this area...or move on up to the back area.
Me, I try to get an overall view of what went on for learning purposes.so would look around left and right for an easier trail back there. But there are some interesting things on the front area too.

06mk.jpg

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thank you, Rangler and Desertmoons. Rangler you talk about a hole in a rock laying the ground, in what picture are you looking. I can't see any thing in these small pictures, but I can look on PC to see what your seeing. Desertmoons thanks for marking the picture it makes it easier for me to look at my pictures to see what your talking about too. All these pictures are on the sides of a canyon wall. The canyon is from 1/8 to 1/4 wide and from 50 to 300 ft. deep. In places its hard to get around, most places, and I hunt by myself. I will post this picture of a elephant, thats about 300 ft. from the crock. I know you like it. Rangler I posted it on your page.

Thanks again The Student Chas IMG_3007.JPG

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question, do you guys download the picture to your PC and then blow it up. ?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Right click on the photo, click "save image as....", save it to your Desktop, then play with it in your favorite photo app.

Tador

Aug 17, 2010
Picto I.jpg Picto II.jpg Picto III.jpg Picto IV.jpg Picto V.jpg
Anybody have thoughts on the pictures above? They have been chalked in so it's hard to tell if they are hundreds of years old or if they're just 100 years old. I know they have been in the area for at least 70 years because old timers have known about them for that long. They are all located in the same general area. It's possible someone with too much time on their hands was just messing around.

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information, Shortstack Chas

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Anybody have thoughts on the pictures above? They have been chalked in so it's hard to tell if they are hundreds of years old or if they're just 100 years old. I know they have been in the area for at least 70 years because old timers have known about them for that long. They are all located in the same general area. It's possible someone with too much time on their hands was just messing around.

These carvings, identical or similar, have been located at about two dozen sites throughout the western USA. Some have been found in the vicinity of mega-treasure legends that have emerged over the years, such as in the Purgatoire River basin in CO, where a panel was allegedly located by Mexican settlers in the 1700's. More info and many photos can be had at Mystery Glyphs - Home

The panel found near Silver City, NM, (see below in natural state and electronically chalked) occupies one corner of a remarkable triangle of 'significant treasure clues' in the region. I don't know who created these beautiful engravings, but it surely wasn't hippies.

Egypt.jpg Mystery.JPG apr03.jpg

Tador

Aug 17, 2010
Very interesting. You're right...they are almost identical, with some of the same symbols. Like you said, whoever, or whatever culture made them got around...mine are in Utah.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
First thank you, Rangler and Desertmoons. Rangler you talk about a hole in a rock laying the ground, in what picture are you looking. I can't see any thing in these small pictures, but I can look on PC to see what your seeing. Desertmoons thanks for marking the picture it makes it easier for me to look at my pictures to see what your talking about too. All these pictures are on the sides of a canyon wall. The canyon is from 1/8 to 1/4 wide and from 50 to 300 ft. deep. In places its hard to get around, most places, and I hunt by myself. I will post this picture of a elephant, thats about 300 ft. from the crock. I know you like it. Rangler I posted it on your page.

Thanks again The Student Chas View attachment 638862

Oh my, chas..... drools. And not because I see specific signs to treasure. You surely have a lovely and very interesting area there.

I hope I do not insult..but .. concerned for your well being. This looks to be some rough country. My first aid kit contains a couple of sam splints very light and compact..but effective.. elastic bandages, and big helping of ibuprofen ( swelling and inflamation are the big enemies in most muscular or bone injuries)

After consulting with a wilderness md..he convinced me ibuprofen likely to be the most valuable drug to carry out there but got a few pain killers too. Also some packs of quickclot in case of arterial bleeding along with the more normal supplies. I believe will be adding some sutures and needles too.

The bottom line..is..are you prepared to spend a few days out there with no help and you injured and not mobile. Assuming no cell phone service.

Though your elephant may not be an elephant, that sign or something very similar is repeated near your croc. Its a little rough but given those monuments in the back there not sure this is Spanish.

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desertmoons; Thank you for my concerned. You should hear my girls, when I tell them what I do or were I go. I always let some one know were I am going and them when I get back. I think like I am 20 but am I 66 yrs. old and yes were I hunt is real dangerous. I really like your thhoughts on the splints, thats a great ideal. I will get some and add them to my day pack. Thanks Kim Chas

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
chas
it is very evident that is a lava flow, and your gator is a result of that flow, probably a lava tube that has since fallen over..when you go back look for the stump that it fell from...cannot see any manmade items in thepic that would tell you it is manmade..use caution before you put any hours on this project..get confirmed signs before you invest.
oro bro
rangler

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I'd like to thank all for the replies to a new poster. Since this thread is for teaching (thanks teachers) I will give an example of a sign hidden in plain sight. The rock was found at the center of a triangle and turned over. It leads one away from the goods. Look carefully and you will see an arrow amoung the peck marks. R.

Attachments

• rs066.JPG
    rs066.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 167

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO ALL: I realy don't know where to post this, so I am going post it here. To all those who have lost love one's for the freedoms I in joy THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU. Being a Vet. I know how hard it is. Vietham 66-67 101st a/b 2nd 320

GOD BLESS AMERICA

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
[QUOTETO ALL: I realy don't know where to post this, so I am going post it here. To all those who have lost love one's for the freedoms I in joy THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU. Being a Vet. I know how hard it is. Vietham 66-67 101st a/b 2nd 320

GOD BLESS AMERICA
][/QUOTE]

Charlie Company 1st Bn. 503rd Infantry 173rd Airborne Brigade, Vietnam 1968. Airborne Chas! God Bless America!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad, Army, WW2, Luzon Campaign.
Me, U.S.A.F. , 604th Special Operations Squadron, Vietnam, May 1968-Sept. 1969.

Thank you to those who serve today !!!

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chas, mdog, shortstack. thanks guys for your service during a war time in our country. i have heard that vets of your era didn't get much thanks during those years. so iam here to tell you thanks. great job. thank you again for your service.
dog,tth

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog tth: I know I speak for mdog and Shortsack when I say Thank you for you kind words. Thank you, goes a long way with Vets.

The Student Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: Does any body know the meaning to a upside down face with the mouth open or close ? Thanks, The Student Chas

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
harji009 Thanks for the heads up on the rock corners. It took my mind and search a little closer. R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread