Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We still do not have power, so I have the front door open with an industrial size Fan pointing in the house and the windows open.. Out of the corner of my Eye I saw abat fly up the stairs! Oh the horror! My wife was a little upset about this! I chased it fo rabout 20 minutes,, but I was able to shoo it out the screened porch,, Wish we had the video!

We have a generator so we can power outlets and lights.

F

Felinepeachy

I love bats. I would have the fan pointing out not in. That way the breeze keeps things from entering and blows warmer air out of the house. Poor little bat, bet it was scared to death. Glad he got out.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
I love bats. I would have the fan pointing out not in. That way the breeze keeps things from entering and blows warmer air out of the house. Poor little bat, bet it was scared to death. Glad he got out.

I like bats too, but My honey is very scared of them. I am glad he wasn't so tired I had to grab him!
Maybe I should point it out, it is on the first floor so pull the hot air from the second.. Or push the cold air up to the second.. It always confuses me. lol But my door is 42 inch by 8 feet , so my fan is not. It is a 4 ft round.

F

Felinepeachy

Since heat rises if you have a fan downstairs drawing cool air in, you'll just be pushing the hot air up. That's how it seems anyway

You need two fans, one pulling in and the other pushing out. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Since heat rises if you have a fan downstairs drawing cool air in, you'll just be pushing the hot air up. That's how it seems anyway

You need two fans, one pulling in and the other pushing out. :laughing7:

Have done Ms Peachy!! and turned them around as per your specs,,, evaluating now,, results expected soon! keep our fingers crossed! :icon_scratch:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Dave, it's a good thing that poor little bat didn't fly through the fan. That
would not have felt too good to him. LOL. It's a good thing you got him
outside though.
I feel for you for not having power. That can create a lot of problems.
Good thing you have the generator. They are pretty handy. Hopefully
you will soon get you power back.

Ray

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S S said:
Dave, it's a good thing that poor little bat didn't fly through the fan. That
would not have felt too good to him. LOL. It's a good thing you got him
outside though.
I feel for you for not having power. That can create a lot of problems.
Good thing you have the generator. They are pretty handy. Hopefully
you will soon get you power back.

Ray

Thank you Ray! We are extremely fortunate that the temperature has been moderate! We lose power often but we seldom lose it for a week.(we hope it will only be a week).

I have been telling the better side that I was thinking about building a bunch of Bat Houses. I told her how they ate all kinds of bugs and a huge amount of mosquitoes. But this episode may have set me a little bit back lol.

F

Felinepeachy

OMG build the houses. First tell her that a female bat only has one baby a year. They aren't like rats and mice that breed all year, having litter after litter. Then let her know that if she is worried about rabies, not to. Less than 1/2 of 1% of bats carry rabies. That is low. Lower than skunks and raccoons. They are extremely intelligent and the best part is that they eat so many mosquitos and other bugs. They eat their body weight or more in bugs every night. If you make bat houses they wont want to roost in the eaves of your house. It's better for everyone. And especially tell her that they are not rodents with wings. Also they don't swoop down to attack you. When they are swooping it's because they are going after that pesky mosquito that just bit you in a place you can't quite reach to scratch. They aren't mean in any way whatsoever.

F

Felinepeachy

Check out these awesome bats! If I could have one I would but I don't believe in keeping animals captive.

049bats_468x322.jpg

1418508348_95fe137dcf.jpg

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Yes, Dave definitely, you want to build a couple bat houses. They do so much
toward keeping the mosquitoes and all the bug population down.

Peachy those are cute pics.

Ray

F

Felinepeachy

Aren't they? They are just adorable! I would love to hold one. Look at those puppy dog eyes LOL

Of course, these aren't the bats Dave has flying around his place :laughing7:

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhhh Noooo, Miss Peachy, Those are not the kind flying around my house! Those are the coolest pictures! What kind are those? My wife would probably move back in with Momma if some that size got in the house! :laughing9:

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
3/30 AM Sharp elbow to ribs, hunny bun states , theres a damn bat in here!!!!!!!! disappears under covers. yepper there is a bat. crawl out of bed,converse with bat. find towel, ambush bat, open window, throw bat out, watch it do a victory roll into the night. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread