Battle of Belmont

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I was doing some research on the Library of Congress website reading some old Civil War letters and came across one that interested me so I dove a little deeper. I found out that the place described for the Battle of Belmont seems like a hotspot for relics and all kinds of treasures and yet, is currently acres and acres of corn fields with no houses or anything around. I don't think I am allowed to post a link in this, so you can read the full story at my blog listed below in the signature area. I think this one has real potential! Then again, I've never been to the area so I can't be sure. Any of you in Missouri or Kentucky and know anything about this?

belmont-satellite-view.jpg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of this before while researching when I used to live in Springfield, MO... but I never looked into the area.
Maybe I could hit it up if I ever head back up that way... thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
godisnum1 said:
I've heard of this before while researching when I used to live in Springfield, MO... but I never looked into the area.
Maybe I could hit it up if I ever head back up that way... thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

Bran <><

NP! I just want to hear about what you find so I can blog about it. It would be interesting to have one of my leads I find in research end up a series on my blog with updates on people's experiences. It's always a good read that way!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure! If I even get up that way and secure permission from the land owner... I'd be happy to pass along whatever info & photos I have about hunting that area. :) I'm sure someone else may beat me too it though, since I'm living down in Florida now. But there's still always that slight chance that I may move back up to Springfield again... just never know with me...

Bran <><

Tall Timber

Oct 28, 2009
Looks can be decieving , I ve hunted those fields , with permission . The Mississippi river floods them often , leaving several feet of sandy silt . The battle was a two day affair and then they left . A whole town once stood there and was moved . Im a experienced hunter and the finds there were dismal , I'm sure others have found stuff there ,but I had not much luck .

OP
OP
cillosis

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Well, it looked good from Google, LOL. Thanks for the update.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread