3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I've had my 30" Prospector for about a month now and it is an awesome sluice! Question though, a couple of time I have either slipped with my shovel or the stream current has washed sand/gravel into the lower box where the inlet for the fluidized bed is. I haven't noticed this until I clean-out at the end of the day. I am recovering gold but am concerned about plugging the holes in the fluid bed pipes. I have washed the pipes out with a garden hose but am curious if other users have done this. Is there a concern about plugging the pipes? Thoughts comments?
Thanks!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I drop stuff in the scoop every time I run it but because I have CDHD (Cleanout Deficiency Hi Def) I only get about 10-15 gallons run before I have to do a clean out. I always do a quick backflush to flush the debris out that could plug up the jets. I have a supermini so I clean out right into a pan. If you are dropping quite a bit of sand in your scoop you might want to cleanout the bed into a fiver, backflush it and continue and leave processing for the end of the day.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I run all day 20 to 25 buckets no clean out till the end of the day. Make sure you clear your tailings so the trap material can flush and drop away.

OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.
I haven't realized this has happened until the end of a day of shoveling. I don't seem to be loosing any gold based on previous experiences on this creek. But I was concerned about plugging the pipes in the fluidized bed. Au, I always keep that area clear - learned that many years ago using my old Gold King!
Thanks again!

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Completely missed the skid and dumped a shovel directly infront of the scoop of my homemade FB, never got it to clog.... I usually see a little bit of material in there when I clean out, but never enough to worry about....

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rinse it into the cons bucket. Surely there is gold in thar! :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done it too, so I put together a detachable hopper for when the shovel gets too drunk to hit the sluice. :tongue3:
hopper4.jpg hopper7.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very clever way to keep that drunken shovel in line Goodguy! Actually the screen ahead of the scoop looks like a good idea too as I have wondered about leaves, moss and other floaters flow down the stream and being caught.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very clever way to keep that drunken shovel in line Goodguy! Actually the screen ahead of the scoop looks like a good idea too as I have wondered about leaves, moss and other floaters flow down the stream and being caught.

The screen acts like a ramp and is mostly self clearing sending the leaves and such down the slick plate and off the end instead of into the scoop.

GG~

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drunken Shovel, Hidden Sluice?
Wasnt that a western?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always do a quick back flush after a clean out...never had much of anything come back up tho...ever. Also have had lots of leaves n junk block the grizzly but never block the tubes. Maybe a function of their limited flow, dunno.

image-3008042820.jpg

Really!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Goldzilla Western....

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread