Bazooka sniper or prospector. Which should I buy?

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do may not have as much of a selection. Call there ask for Albert he'll tell you wha'ts in stock. They normally have a few prospectors 36" in stock. Keep in mind if your friendly and mention treasurenet directly to the Bazooka guys you might pay less than you will at Pville hardware.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They do may not have as much of a selection. Call there ask for Albert he'll tell you wha'ts in stock. They normally have a few prospectors 36" in stock. Keep in mind if your friendly and mention treasurenet directly to the Bazooka guys you might pay less than you will at Pville hardware.

Albert is a guy that's at the hardware store?
How would I get in touch with the Bazooka guys?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can shoot them an email by going to bazookagoldtrap.com choosing "contact us" and filling in the form. Chris the business manager or Todd the owner/designer will get back to you. Tell them hi from me!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Albert is part owner of Placerville hardware. Its a family business. He is a prospector. Member of the local treasureseekers club. If your a member you get a discount. Email Chris at Bazooka like Kevin said he will get back to you. He is a new father as of a couple months ago he is usually quick to respond but,due to his new situation he may take a few days.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god man! Get the Prospector! :D
I'm stealing that line Mojo....

IT'S SHOVEL OR NOTHING. <3

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to need bigger magnifiers for 400 mesh... lol <3

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good god man! Get the Prospector! :D
I'm stealing that line Mojo....

IT'S SHOVEL OR NOTHING. <3

LOL P70 are you talking to me? I'd like the prospector but I've decided on the 36" Sniper. The Bazooka guys were super quick to respond and I'll hopefully have mine by the end of next week! So stoked.

P.S. I'm a woman.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL P70 are you talking to me? I'd like the prospector but I've decided on the 36" Sniper. The Bazooka guys were super quick to respond and I'll hopefully have mine by the end of next week! So stoked. P.S. I'm a woman.
that big sniper will serve you well without being to big to carry and dump...good choice! It is big enough to shovel unclassified material into. Set it up so the skid plate empties within about 10 seconds, add some tilt to it if the water flow is too gentle. This way you know the fluid bed is active too. Enjoy!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gilded...I have the 30" sniper and it changed the way I mine forever. That 36" will be a champion for you for sure! After I used the very first time, I was changed forever! Let us know how it does for ya!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TGL I do not have the sniper but a super mini and prospector and from using those I can imagine how the sniper will perform. Great! As Kevin states keep it flowing well and feed it heavily and you will be amazed.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL P70 are you talking to me? I'd like the prospector but I've decided on the 36" Sniper. The Bazooka guys were super quick to respond and I'll hopefully have mine by the end of next week! So stoked.

P.S. I'm a woman.

oops! :) sorry about that. :)

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oops! :) sorry about that. :)

No worries :occasion14: Just call me a lady miner. Ha, actually my high school mascot was the Miners (geez, that was awhile ago.) One day I'll be in a frou frou dress the next I'll be a muddy mess, you never know :)

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TGL. A little trick I use is to place a cheap handheld strainer in my pan and then dump the fluid bed contents into it. The sniper should fit right inside one. With the pan full of water you can then classify right in the pan. The one I have is about 18 mesh. You can save both for later processing or pan down at that time. Carefully pan what is left in the strainer. That is where the pickets and big flake will be. Good Luck.

Elfy

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2014
Charlottesville
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got my 36 inch BGT sniper and cannot wait to give it a go. I have a AM recon, which I love, but my back is ready to not have to classify so much. Kevin, thanks for the advice on how to setup properly - first couple times out with new gear is always an adventure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread