Be careful with this find.

VA Digger

Greenie
Nov 23, 2006
Mechanicsville, VA
Digger Vet, his son and myself went out to a location that we just got permission to hunt yesterday. You always read where people find things the first ten minutes and well it has never happen to me until yesterday. We were north of Ashland, VA and just crossed the creek to hunt. The first signal Digger Vet had turned into the only find for the day, but what a find. He happen to dig up an CS Read intact, man am I glad he wasn't using a pick. Unfortunately we only had a cell phone camera and the pictures really didn't turn out that good. Here is the best picture we have at this time. We will be taking it to get it disarmed tomorrow and will send more pictures when it is cleaned up a little.

Attachments

• Read Shell.JPG
    Read Shell.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 874
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find there Digger. Lucky it didn't go boom.

HH

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice find, I just got permission at a civil war site that is way off the beaten path and not documented. Local historians know of it and I know the property owners. I hope to prove the historians to be correct.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat!! Look forward to the next pics. At the risk of asking a really dumb question...what is a CS Read? :-[

:)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as in a artty shell---boom---from the civil war---thus handle very carefully till defused

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
KEEP THAT ONE IN WATER UNTILL IT GETS DEFUSED IF IT DRYS OUT IT COULD STILL GO OFF ITS HAPPEND LAST YEAR TO A FELLOW IN GA AND HE IS THE LATEST CASUALTY OF THE CIVIL WAR . JUST KEEP THE BLACK POWER DAMP THIS COMES FROM A FELLOW THAT DEFUSES THEM HERE IN TENNESSEE . JUST DONT DRILL INTO IT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread