All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay with it, slow down, and continue to have fun.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this post early this morning and had a feeling Terry would answer. I will continue with more info. First your disc is set way to high. You have to be able to hear a Pop Tab if you want to ever find a gold ring as they are in the same conductivity range. Second, your Sens is way to low. Run it as high as you can and still keep it stable. I suggest using Auto till you get the feel of the sounds. Might also help you to check out The Golden Oldie. The Golden Olde

Sandman:hello:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn your sensitivity up its too low, turn it up till it just starts falsing then back it off a hair.

With that discrimination your also going to be missing gold especially white gold..If you want to find gold turn descrimination off, you have it set way too high.

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn up the sensitivity to at least 6 or even 7. Then turn your discrimination down to only 3 or maybe 4. If your not finding any pull tabs, it's doubtful that you will be finding rings either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread