Beach Huniting on the Outer Banks

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Treasure Detector said:
cryptodave, DID YOU GET THE CHANCE TO CHECK OUT THE AREA ACROSS THE HWY FROM THE CURRITUCK COUNTY DSS BUILDING. THEY ARE CLEARING SOME LAND AND THE TIMBER IS IN PILES? I WANTED TO STOP, BUT HOME WAS CALLING......

I have my kids this weekend and I go that way on Sunday to drop them off to their mother. I plan on stopping on my way back and checking it out... However, with that said I don't expect to find much. I've got arial maps of that area from the late 30s and it was only trees then too.

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm.... anyone interested in detecting OBX the 10th-20th of Aug let me know. My girlfriend and i will be down there for a mini vacation and we will be out combing the beaches every chance we get....

-Jerred-

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70
I'm headed down in September unless a storm comes first.

Attachments

• saf457839c887824.gif
    saf457839c887824.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 806
OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm heading down the last week in August if anyone is around lets meet up.

NJ

Diggins

Sep 19, 2006
Geneva, IL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just moved to NC a bit ago and haven't been to the Outer Banks yet. If anyone is going out hunting in "ok to hunt" areas, maybe hook up for a hunt??? I am in New Bern, NC.

Treasure Detector

Feb 9, 2007
Mechanicsville
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 70
There is this man named "GUY" that lives between Williamston and Little Washington that is a treasure hunter for sure. If your arm gets tired, don't call him. This man never gives up. A great man to know and a friend to all.
082204WVtrip021.jpg

guyandscoop2.jpg

I am not sure if he will give up any of his secrets, but he can cover more beach in one day than anyone I know.

blueeyes127

Nov 21, 2007
Hi!
I've always wanted a metal detector, and about a week ago I broke down and got one!
I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
I live on the Outer Banks by Cape Lookout National Sea Shore.
So I have access to Beaufort, Harkers Island, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach & Surrounding areas.
Are those good places to detect?
Has anyone ever found anything good?

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
blueeyes127 said:
Hi!
I've always wanted a metal detector, and about a week ago I broke down and got one!
I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
I live on the Outer Banks by Cape Lookout National Sea Shore.
So I have access to Beaufort, Harkers Island, Morehead City, Atlantic Beach & Surrounding areas.
Are those good places to detect?
Has anyone ever found anything good?

Hi Blue Eyes,
I only vacation there and beach hunt in the Corolla area so I don't have the answers to your questios but here is a website you should check out:

http://www.outerbanksnc.net/ship.html

This site sould help with where you can and can't detect, show you some of the items that are being found and give you some good tips to get started.

Good luck and happy hunting.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread