Beach hunt the other day...junker ring, cool button(s), and 20.9 grams of GOLD!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday to hit a couple of spots......First spin sucked eggs, a little bit of clad and some junk but very sparse in tgts in general. The second spot was MUCH better! More tgts than I would have thought, especially after the first place, but most were pretty deep and I had to fight with a few to get em out. (11" coil on the CTX) Scored one flat button, possibly a second one but there isn't much left of it. First one is worn pretty smooth so can't find any markings yet. Pulled a little junker ring but the best of it is the bracelet. Rang up at a solid 12.05 on CTX. Haven't found any markings which made me suspicious but I did multiple tests on different sections of it and it's the real deal. 20.9 grams of what I'm pretty sure is 18K. When I took the photo of one of the tests, all 3 acids had been on there for 2+ mins. Not a bad way to start the year. It would be nice to get a gold ring this early in the yyear, but why wish for a plain 2.5 gram band when I can have a nice pile of 20.9g scrap!
$3.04 in clad, a Canadian dime and a Chucky Cheese token as well.

Still lots of that sand EVERYWHERE and I'm heading out in a little while to hit a few spots again. Hopefully some of it has moved...out not in! Low is at 12:30 tonight (tomorrow) so I'll be out in my vampire cape muttering to myself "blah blah, I vant some gold". Don't expect to see too many muggles out there on a cold rainy Friday in Jan but I'm sure I'll run into one or two of 'em! Alcohol tends to make people immune to the crappy weather....and want to go skinny-dipping.....or maybe it's just poor decision making!

The City was out bulldozing all the berms for the holiday lights last time I was out so I'm sure what they don't spread on the beach ........will get pushed down onto the slope......again. Gotta love it......

Oh, and before I forget, I have one of the new Anderson lower rods for my CTX (Thanks you Max and Mr. Anderson!) that I will be testing tonight and the next few days so I'll pass any info along as I go but it looks really nice!

DSC_0057.JPG DSC_0059.JPG DSC_0060.JPG DSC_0061.JPG DSC_0062.JPG DSC_0074.JPG DSC_0103.JPG

Upvote 10

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's a nice chunk of gold you found, congrats.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Doc,
That gold will bring in a nice chunk of change.
Congrats on starting 2016 with a really nice Gold score.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chunk of gold!!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'd take that any day over a 2 gram ring too! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread