Beach hunters and diamonds??

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do toy guys do with all your diamonds after you've sold the gold?? I've got a little over 2oo points in diamonds ... (2 karots) and can't find what in think is a fair offer for them. $40 a Karot isn't what I'm thinking is a fair offer...I've sold 2 other batches earlier for 1.30/point for the first batch and $1/point for the second.... Now they want to lowball me at .40-45 cents a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's difficult to sell diamonds unless they are bigger. I tried some local people and they are uninterested until a half carat or so. I got pretty badly low balled by ARA too. I'm not sure what to do.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very hard to sell diamonds for what they are worth. I found it best to give them as gifts and have them have something made from them. Some of the larger diamonds also have ID numbers and they are like license plates on a car. I've run across CZ's with the id numbers, no doubt sold to a uninformed trusting person as a diamond.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman.... are those number visible with a loop? Im still thinking the best way to sell diamonds is with the jewelry not separate.

Dew

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Since were talking diamonds what test do u recommend. Are the ones that sell for 10 to 25 bucks worth it. Are they accurate? To much sand to much sand

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
ForumRunner_20130924_073326.png

The little stones I think are real they have a 925 on the casing

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a black light. Purple color is cubic and blue is diamond. While nowhere near foolproof it works well enough that I only get 2-3 bad when I sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There like titanium and tungsten rings...expensive when you buy them and worth very little when you try to sell.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman.... are those number visible with a loop? Im still thinking the best way to sell diamonds is with the jewelry not separate.

Dew
Hi Dew, The id numbers are some times visible but it has to be a high power. I haven't the slightest idea how they get them on their and should look it up.
Dennis

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that answered that question. Lots of good info here. If there is any other ways of testing diamonds I would love to hear about it. I found one the size of a pea in a hole with a dime. Cuts glass, make a nice solitaire.

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that answered that question. Lots of good info here. If there is any other ways of testing diamonds I would love to hear about it. I found one the size of a pea in a hole with a dime. Cuts glass, make a nice solitaire.
A real diamond will glow blue under an ultraviolet light.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's usually very unlikely that a silver item would have a real diamond..and many times even a gold could have a phony diamond.

My banner platinum ring with a large diamond and small diamonds..turns out the large diamond is sadly a phony and the small are real. So even platinum is not a guarantee of a real diamond.

I am happiest just seeing the gold or platinum..diamonds are nice to find but not usually valuable even if real Unless they are huge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions