davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Island Florida, get on I4 and head west, cross the Howard Frankland Bridge, follow the signs. Find the access points that don't have meters on them. It's a real wide beach and the surf is usually small, the sand is great for kids building castles etc, and you might find some clad or something.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my kids to Clearwater Beach. It also is wide, great sand, a pier to walk out on, some of those large blow up air filled slides and other things of interest. The water on the west coast has been rough recently but looked good today.

For a look at what is going on water wise, check this webcam. If you look at it around 8ish in the morning, you can usually catch a water hunter in the picture.

http://www.beachtourism.com/pier.htm

DaChief

OP
OP
nudels

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Thanks for all the replies, guess i'll have to toss a coin! Does either Clearwater or Treasure Island have wash-off spigots? I like to rinse the family before getting back in the minivan ;).

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes most of the beaches in the Clearwater or Treasure Island area have wash-off spigots and many have a building with restroom/changing ....rdi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread