Keys / Wallet

Gold Dog

Mar 4, 2007
Southern Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoros - Stingray 2 / Whites Eagle 2 SL90 / Whites Clacic 3 / Whites 2db
Hi
Very New to Beach & Water hunting. What do you do with your Car / Truck Keys & your Wallet if you plain a water hunt an plain on gowning in 3 - 4 Feet deep. I have a few places to go an don't really want to leave the Truck unlocked an Hide my Wallet & Keys at a place i have never been? Great site here an you Guys/Girls have some Killer finds. Thanks

Upvote 0

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
I'd get a watertight container and keep it strapped to you somehow. Velcro pouch that is belt looped to the belt or some other thing. Or just get a real small one and put the car key in it and stow the rest in the car. Actually heh, would be a good feature for a surf MD to have a compartment built in on the side for just that ;).

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
You could just make a copy of your car key, and wear it on a leather necklace, and lock the rest up in the truck. Do you really need your wallet, cell phone, etc while in the water?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wallet and cellphone stay in the car. I have a waterproof container to keep my key with the remote. The container is on a cord around my neck, slipped under my shirt.

If you are hunting in an area that they might break in your vehicle, leave the wallet at home, just take your license, credit card, and a few bucks. They should also be able to fit in the water proof container.

The cellphone that is a delicate matter. I wouldn't trust a water proof container to keep it if you are in waist deep water. I have lost several cellphones because of water damage. (washing machine one time...a moment of stupidity).

Welcome to beach and water hunting, you're going to love it.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I also would like to welcome you to the board and look forward to reading your posts of the many great things you are going to find.

I don't carry any of that stuff in the water with me except one car key on a cord around my neck and under my shirt. And being a married woman that never takes off her wedding rings, I thought I'd mention that I wear a light weight glove on that hand so I do not lose my rings.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water proof container all the way :thumbsup:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
My Otterbox is great, I had another one that fell off a cliff (long story) and I was afraid it was going to leak so here is my new one.

Neither of them have ever had a drop of water in them. Some people complain about the price (25-40 bucks) but have you priced getting a new key pad and cell phone?

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 313

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Dig a hole and bury it, at least you will find something that day! ;D
Push button entry for your vehicle is also nice! :icon_pirat:

Kidding aside

Waterproof container all the way. Any Scuba shop should have just what your looking for.

Aquapac makes some nice waterproof containers/bags

Jimi

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I've been wondering... I've got a Pelican box that I use, but I also often keep my car key around my neck on a cord. Will salt water hurt modern car keys - the kind with chips in them? I haven't gotten it wet - yet - but I wanted to know if that could present a problem.
Thanks!
Ruth

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Jimi D Pirate said:

Heck, I think that is a great idea! Put it in an otterbox and bury it and park a beach chair and maybe an umbrella over it too.

Oh also, my 100th post, WOOT!

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
nudels said:
Jimi D Pirate said:

Heck, I think that is a great idea! Put it in an otterbox and bury it and park a beach chair and maybe an umbrella over it too.

Oh also, my 100th post, WOOT!

Now your thinking, Your almost guaranteed a find (unless someone watched you bury it) :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread