Beaches

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a group beach hunt before the beaches "officially" open?
Chicago beaches are always open but there are beaches in Evanston and Wilmette which are normally Pay-to-get-in kind of beaches. They start the pay season in May from what I have seen on the Evanston and the Wilmette web sites. It might be fun to hunt for some north shore bling. The wealthy residents probably don't bring their expensive jewelry to the beach but the college students do!

On the other hand, we gotta hit the woods before they get overgrown, so maybe this can wait.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches sound good and I think you're correct about the woods. . . they're perfect now.

TreasureGuy25

Dec 1, 2009
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Ace 250, ProPointer
I'm in for a hunt anytime up here, I go to school right on the lake near Evanston. Hit the beaches a couple times this week, nothin' but a bunch of clad and a stainless steel ring. What's nice is you can find old parks along the beach if you aren't having any luck in the sand but they are pretty trashy. Last beach park I went to for an hour or so, pulled 3 wheaties.

Ted

TreasureGuy25

Dec 1, 2009
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
So it's supposed to be freezing tomorrow and snow I guess?? But I'd be up for a hunt maybe tomorrow or sometime sunday if the weather isn't toooo bad. I found an old beach park today that looked promising, not too far north, near Loyola. Hit it for about an hour today but wasn't dressed well enough for the weather. Last few beaches/beach parks I hit I came out with about 10 bucks in clad and 7 wheaties.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
With the high temps only in the 30s this weekend I'm going to opt out of any plans. Not sure I even want to get NEAR water with that. Maybe next?

TreasureGuy25

Dec 1, 2009
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
Yea true, wind can be brutal near the lake, I'm might brave it for a couple hours, I'll let you guys know it goes if I do, but definitely next weekend if the weather permits

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread